EQ in loop as a solo boost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EQ in loop as a solo boost?

Hey guys, I have a Mesa Rectoverb, and I want to run my Boss GE7 in the loop as a solo boost (yes, the amp has a built in solo feature, but I want to set an in-between level for parts that need to be more prominent, but not solo-level).

When I put the EQ in the loop, I get pretty much no boost, even with the EQ level and loop level maxed. In this config I get a lot of shitty distortion, and weird sounds. Turn the loop level down, and it cleans up, but there just isn't any boost at all, then.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a problem with the EQ? With the loop? Is it because it's a parallel loop?

I'm thinking about getting a Morley Little Alligator, and go that route, but I have the EQ, so I thought I'd save a few bucks and use what I have.

Thanks!
    Pat

Originally posted by mccullpl View Post
    Is it because it's a parallel loop?
    Indeed if the loop is parallel you will not get the exact results you are looking for. Run the EQ in front of the amp with the level up and youll get a boost. However, on he lead channel, it will be a distortion boost, not much of a perceived volume boost. The clean channel will be noticeably boosted volume wise though.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Thanks Twitch....That's what I suspected...damn. So do I have any other options for a clean boost?

Comment

Set your amps master volume higher than youd actually ever need it and control the volume with the Alligator. Set the minimum volume of the Alligator at the volume you play at most and then toe down the pedal for the boost.

Comment

In the loop, I assume? At least there's hope!

Comment

No, on the floor between your guitar and the input of your amp.

Comment

I'll give it a shot...thanks!

Comment

yes, in the loop. On the floor, you will only get a volume boost on your clean channel. On your drive channel(s) you would get more distortion

It sounds like the loop is too hot for your EQ pedal and it is overloading it. You would normally only get distortion out of something like an EQ or delay pedal if it is receiving more signal than it can handle
                Last edited by VitaminG; 02-28-2011, 11:11 PM.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

After doing a little research, I realized how easy it is to mod it from a parallel to a serial loop, so I think I'm going that route.

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Working...
                  X