Line 6 Vetta or Line 6 Spider Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Vetta or Line 6 Spider Valve

Looking for something I can leave at the band practice space.
    The amps I have now are, Mesa Dual Rec and a Bogner Uberschall.
    The two amps I'm looking at are the Vetta and the Spider Valve MK2.
    What do you think is a better amp?

I love my Mesa Single Rec Solo 50,I wouldn't leave it at the practice spot though.I'm not really into line 6 though I do have a little Spider IV 15 for the bedroom.All the ones I have played sound too digital when you turn them up,Haven't had anytime with the Spider Valve.I have heard they are decent.In my opinion if your looking for something to leave at practice I always say if the place burnt down before we practiced again would I miss the stuff I left?I use an old Marshall VS100 half-stack for practice.Sounds great,solid state though but still sounds good,However if the place burnt down it wouldn't be a huge deal as opposed to leaving my Mesa Stack there.Your call.
    BLS/SDMF

Comment

I just got a Spider Valve MkII today. All I can say is that L6 really listened when they re-designed this one. It sounds amazing compared to the old one, and they did the effects right this time. The Vetta is great too, but I'd spend too much time dicking around with all the options.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
        I just got a Spider Valve MkII today. All I can say is that L6 really listened when they re-designed this one. It sounds amazing compared to the old one, and they did the effects right this time. The Vetta is great too, but I'd spend too much time dicking around with all the options.

I agree with Chris. I would go for the Vetta though only because I love tweaking. For straight up tone right out of the box, the Spider Valve is great.

Comment

This is why this is a tough one, straight up tone or tweaking.

Comment

Considering what you have, if you're looking for something very different, Vetta. I will say that the new Spider Valve has some good toanz now though. Much more complex. I got the HD100, and am running it through a Marshall 1960A cab. Lovely! I like that I can turn it on, turn a few dials, and play something that sounds great. But you can get pretty deep in if you want. Updatable too!

Comment

I just got rid of a Vetta, very versatile but I got tired of tweaking it. It may have just been my amp, but it didn't like being pushed at rehearsal levels.

Comment

Vetta defin. imho!

Comment

Just curious though.. since you play a Recto and an Uber why would you even consider a modeling amp?
                  Pick up a used Peavey 5150 and you will be good to go. No tweaking. No learning curve...

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                    Just curious though.. since you play a Recto and an Uber why would you even consider a modeling amp?
                    Pick up a used Peavey 5150 and you will be good to go. No tweaking. No learning curve...
                    I was kinda wondering about that too, but I get not wanting an expensive amp sitting around in a practice space. It think the Spider Valve is going to give you less hassles in the long run, since it's a pretty easy amp to dial in very usable sounds. You can get a Recto or Uber-ish tone pretty readily with the Mk I or II. The Mk II is superior in every way from a sonic standpoint in regards to effects. I think the models that held over from the Mk I have been improved. The new ones are great - a definite bump up in the mid-gain models.

Comment

I had a Vetta and really liked it, and didn't think the tweaking was that big of a deal. If you go that route, do yourself a favor and read the manual, it will help you out and it's not as boring as you'd think. I got great tones pretty quick, saved it and adjusted as I wanted. However, I'd guess the tube amp may deliver better in a higher volume, band situation. I thought the Vetta cranked up nicely, but never played it in a band.

Comment

Take your best amps home, leave the other(s) at the practice space. IMO, I'd leave the Line6 stuff there.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                        X