Cheap inexpensive amps live debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
    I loaned my MK III coliseum 300 to a good friend for a gig, the other guitar player was using Line 6 gear. You couldn't even hear a single note the other dude played, my boogie crushed it with no effort, thick, balls to the walls sound while perfectly sitting in with the rhythm section. Even the casual listeners noticed that badass guitar assault. And yeah, my pal can fucking play.

If your business is to kick ass, then you choose the necessary tools.
    Why go racing with a moped when you can have a Ducati superbike?
    You are missing my point...I am directing this to the guys who can't afford a Ducati superbike. You can still gig, record and jam with your friends with a cheap amp. Sure, if you can afford a high end amp.. go for it. Reality is that most guys can't.

Comment

For cheaper amps that sound good, I'd look for a used Marshall JCM 900 or 2000. I know they aren't held in high esteem compared to a JCM 800 but everytime I play one or hear one at my friend's shop (he's a tech) they sound damn good to me. The effects loop on the JCM 900 plays well with many effects units so its easy to set up and use.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
        For cheaper amps that sound good, I'd look for a used Marshall JCM 900 or 2000. I know they aren't held in high esteem compared to a JCM 800 but everytime I play one or hear one at my friend's shop (he's a tech) they sound damn good to me. The effects loop on the JCM 900 plays well with many effects units so its easy to set up and use.
        *Burn suit adorned* Id go with a 900 or TSL any day over an 800. Ill spend far less time modding a 900 than i will an 800 to the point at which it has the preamp saturation I want.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
          *Burn suit adorned* Id go with a 900 or TSL any day over an 800. Ill spend far less time modding a 900 than i will an 800 to the point at which it has the preamp saturation I want.

I agree.

Comment

Working...
          X