• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the review Lou!
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I'll stick with my GT-10 thanks. So much easier to use.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Lou, you might want to look into the Digitech RP500 or RP1000. My drummer bought the 1000 for his recording studio, replacing a PodXT. The 500 and 1000 both have a button to quickly disable amp/cab simulation, and the 1000 also has amp channel-switching capability as I recall. I helped him dial in a few settings, and it sounded as good as any Line 6 stuff I've heard. It also has USB recording and editing capability. Just throwing that out there for you, in case you're still not 100% decided. Given the chance, I'd also try Zoom and Vox units, but I just haven't seen many of them around.

I've been a Boss guy for almost as long as I've been playing guitar, and currently gig with an ME-50 for gate, tuner and effects. I've also run it straight into a tube power amp as a preamp at a handful of gigs. My thought is that Boss hasn't nailed actual amp models very well (yet) but they do have some nice overdrive/distortion and preamp models. Across the board, it seems to me that it's the power section portion of amp models that still sound nothing like real amps.
        sigpic

Comment

Its OK Lou, I just thought that when you said "if you want the best recorded direct to PC sound you can get" that you'd tried most of the alternatives and rated the HD500 the best.
          I've sent a truck full of gear to your house so you can tell me.
          All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

I like trucks full of guitar gear.-Lou
            " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

After reading this thread, I decided on the HD500. I have been using the AWESOME j-station for years and years and it is time to "update" myself.

I am going to get one of the new 50-watt Jet City heads to go along with my old Marshall 2X12 cab (GM70's in it)..unless I come across a bargain on a single rec on craigslist or something.

The Jet City is not NEAR as bad as I thought they were gonna be..

With new tubes it is going to be awesome I think, and I am going to stick the HD500 in the loop and try and figure out "my tone" with this new gear.

Comment

I think you would be better off buying a PA system if the POD is going to be your complete source of sound and tone. They appear to have been designed for flat response speakers. The speakers in the Marshall 2x12 will color them. You may get some great sounds out of it.....it may just be my ears. If you just want the effects portion of it, the Boss would be the way to go in my opinion. -Lou
                " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
                  I am going to get one of the new 50-watt Jet City heads to go along with my old Marshall 2X12 cab (GM70's in it)..unless I come across a bargain on a single rec on craigslist or something.

The Jet City is not NEAR as bad as I thought they were gonna be..

With new tubes it is going to be awesome I think, and I am going to stick the HD500 in the loop and try and figure out "my tone" with this new gear.
                  A member is selling one of the Jet City heads in the classifieds here, that has already been re-tubed.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Well, been playing the HD500 for a week now. I get happier with it the more I play with it. I got a couple good EVH tones in it.....at least they sound good on my system. Line 6 hinted at some things to come that were supposed to be really good.

Its really cool as you can take the whole amp or just the pre-amp. You have the ability to edit on your PC screen in real time, you can move the effects anywhere in the chain you want. Amp direct to cab or to mixing board, several mics, effects turned out better than what I remembered on the original test I gave it. -Lou
                    Last edited by LouSiffer; 04-02-2011, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                      A member is selling one of the Jet City heads in the classifieds here, that has already been re-tubed.
                      Wonder who that could be... http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/117...Pedals-Guitars

I've never been very good at being subtle.

Comment

Working...
                      X