Digitech GNX3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech GNX3

Just picked one up. Mint condition. Built in 8 track recorder, drum machine, looper, you can quantize tracks, whammy pedal, tons of effects, cabinet models, amp models, built like a tank, lots of features. Its called a Guitar Processor Workstation.
    Plug this baby into the clean channel of your amp or in your effects loop return and you can play any genre of music because this Digitech unit does everything from an acoustic simulator to organs to Mesa Rectifiers to SLO's. It also has a morph feature where you can take 2 completely different amp and cabinet models and morph them together.
    I think the built in 8 track recorder is awesome. Especially if you are at band rehearsal and you want to record an idea of your at home. The built in drum machine and metronome are outstanding for home practice. The looper is cool for live stuff. It has an expression pedal too.
    Nice piece of equipment that won't break the bank.

Preaching to the choir here man. Used to have a pair of them I used for my live and rehearsal rig with a rack setup. LOVED the tone I had, hated the cable mess and excessive setup/ tear down time. If I found another one at a reasonable price, Id snatch it up in a heartbeat.

Heres a tip for you: The selection you make for your "target" amp makes all the difference in the world. I always ran mine as "target" direct and let the power amp do the final coloring of the sound. It sounded more natural to me that way.

My tone came from a morph of the Rectifier and JCM900 models. I also made use of both EQs. Theres one for each amp model AND a master EQ that overlays your entire patch. I ran mine in stompbox mode with the channel button programmed for my morph and clean (red and green, if I remember correctly, its been about 3 years since I ran this rig).

Wow, I think you might have me gassing for another one.
    Last edited by Twitch; 03-10-2011, 10:45 PM.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I'm a big fan of the GNX3. Great for getting ideas down and an incredible teaching tool. Especially when the students owned one too. They just bring in the memory card and go home with a section of music to practice or a loop to play over. I still have my GNX3, but after almost 10 years, some of the buttons don't work so well.

Comment

Working...
      X