Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multi effects suggestions.

so i just bought a POD 2.0 and wow, this thing is pretty weak

i didn't realize i had so little control over the reverb.

has anyone tried the Zoom G2NU? that's what i originally wanted, but figured i'd try the POD, because I can't find the Zoom locally....also i already have the FBV pedal from a Spider IV.

also, i just ordered a Blackstar 5w head. figured i'd use the POD for just a little reverb in the effects loop, but i see now that it probably won't work very well for that. i probably should have just bought a Metal Muff and a tube reverb pedal...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko_svYKVg94#t=11m44s

Originally posted by The_Black View Post
    so i just bought a POD 2.0 and wow, this thing is pretty weak

i didn't realize i had so little control over the reverb.

has anyone tried the Zoom G2NU? that's what i originally wanted, but figured i'd try the POD, because I can't find the Zoom locally....also i already have the FBV pedal from a Spider IV.

also, i just ordered a Blackstar 5w head. figured i'd use the POD for just a little reverb in the effects loop, but i see now that it probably won't work very well for that. i probably should have just bought a Metal Muff and a tube reverb pedal...
    I have to chime in with a very similar story!!!
    I just bought a 1984 Chevy Citation and wow... this thing is slow.
    Has anybody driven the new Chevy Cobalt SS??

Jeez newb.... the POD 2.0 is probably older than you are.
    What did you expect?
    Sorry.. sometimes threads like this really get to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
      Jeez newb.... the POD 2.0 is probably older than you are.
      actually, judging by your tone, elitist attitude and taste in automobiles, i think i'm probably older than you are.

Sorry.. sometimes threads like this really get to me.
      yeah apparently the thread got to you so much that you just had to talk shit, without being able to offer any helpful or constructive suggestions.

can anyone tell me if the Zoom is worth trying? should i pass that up too and just buy function specific pedals?
      Last edited by The_Black; 03-13-2011, 08:39 PM.

Comment

actually, judging by your tone, elitist attitude and taste in automobiles, i think i'm probably older than you are.

yeah apparently the thread got to you so much that you just had to talk shit, without being able to offer any helpful or constructive suggestions.

can anyone tell me if the Zoom is worth trying? should i pass that up too and just buy function specific pedals?
        HOSTILE NEWB ALERT!!!!! HOSTILE NEWB ALERT!!!!

I'll give you constructive suggestions... if you want reverb buy a reverb pedal.
        Boss RV-5 is a good one.
        Lexicon makes great rack mount reverbs.
        You don't need tube reverb. Digital reverb is fine.

Comment

HOSTILE NEWB ALERT!!!!! HOSTILE NEWB ALERT!!!!
          you get what you give.

I'll give you constructive suggestions... if you want reverb buy a reverb pedal.
          Boss RV-5 is a good one.
          Lexicon makes great rack mount reverbs.
          You don't need tube reverb. Digital reverb is fine.
          thanks much. i was considering a lexicon rackmount. i figured i'd get more "bang for my buck" with a multi-effects system, but apparently its a jack of all trades / master of none scenario.

Comment

you get what you give.

thanks much. i was considering a lexicon rackmount. i figured i'd get more "bang for my buck" with a multi-effects system, but apparently its a jack of all trades / master of none scenario.
            A very inexpensive excellent sounding reverb is the Lexicon Alex. You can pick one up for next to nothing used on Ebay.
            Personally, I like stomp boxes. There are several very nice digital reverb stomp boxes out there. You really can't beat Lexicon for reverb though.
            They make the best.

Comment

i returned the accursed POD.

dusted off an old Boss distortion pedal i had lying around, that and a Lexicon & a Blackheart 1x12 should round out what i need for cheap.

not gonna bother trying the Zoom G2NU

Comment

Welcome!

I'm shocked that you don't have much control over reverb on the pod 2.0... yeah...it may be old but for petes sake its reverb! That being said I've never used Pod 2.0. Predelay, decay and mix about sums it up, right? I got some DAMN nice sounds out my Vetta's reverb.

If you want multi effects I'd go with a Pod HD500 or a Boss GT-10.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan_josh View Post

Predelay, decay and mix about sums it up, right?
                  i wish.

the reverb type (room / spring) is governed by the amp modeling setting. each amp setting has a preset reverb assigned to it. that's about the totality of your control. there only seems to be one type of room (no descrip such as studio, cathedral, hall, etc) the only discrete knob assigned to reverb is the nebulously named "reverb" knob, which i assume is for mix.

thanks for the welcome
                  Last edited by The_Black; 03-14-2011, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Good Lord... that does suck. On with the hunt! LOL

Comment

not gonna bother trying the Zoom G2NU
                      Good move.
                      sigpic
                      Action Jackson

Comment

I believe you can use line 6 edit and midi cables to assign reverb to different patches, but it has been a long time since I had a 2.0, so I could very well wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by paige View Post
                          I believe you can use line 6 edit and midi cables to assign reverb to different patches, but it has been a long time since I had a 2.0, so I could very well wrong.
                          i still use a POD 2.0 and, yes, using MIDI and the line 6 edit program you can tweak the reverb a lot more. i am curious though, what was SO bad about it. it is just reverb. i have always been satisfied with what it provides according to the model. unless one plays ambient/experimental music, i couldn't imagine needing all of the "over" tweaking capabilities that some reverbs offer.
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Screw Line6. Get a Boss GT-8 or even a GT-10 if you can afford one (try ebay too). Far more useable and intuitive.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                              i have always been satisfied with what it provides according to the model. unless one plays ambient/experimental music, i couldn't imagine needing all of the "over" tweaking capabilities that some reverbs offer.
                              funny you should mention that, because i used to be heavily immersed in composing ambient / dark electronic music, so maybe that's why i'm accustomed to easier / fuller control of my reverb parameters.

ordered a lexicon alex, a buddy of mine had one hooked up to his EMU back in the day, always seemed pretty easy to use and sounded good.

Comment

Working...
                              X