Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall MA50C combo with Boss GT-10 MFX.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall MA50C combo with Boss GT-10 MFX.

Got some questions, please help:

1) I can smell hot plastic. Is that the tubes warming or is something inside getting fried?
    2) There's a switch on the back for the FX return. Its supposed to be 'in' when connected. But my Boss GT-10 is way too loud and crackly at patch level 100, and only comfortable at 002. Should I try it switched 'out'? I never had this problem when connecting the GT-10 to a Randall combo with the same size speaker (I just didn't like the Randall on it's own). The GT-10's output settings are "-10" and "combo return". Signal route: Guitar > GT-10 > L/mono of GT-10 to FX return of MA50C.
    3) Am I better off putting l/mono out of my GT-10 into the MA50's front input?
    4) Why is it when I use a pinched harmonic, the amp doesn't pick it up very well at all. Its as though its ignoring the GT-10's compressor (yes, its enabled), yet I have no problem using the GT-10's L/mono line out into my mixer using headphones, output set to line/HP and +4?

The amp sounded good on it's own when I demo'd it at the shop, though their floor space is a lot bigger than my bedroom. A bit of tweaking should make it perfect, but I am still concerned I can't use the FX return with my GT-10 without getting blasted.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).
Working...
X