FX loop noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FX loop noise

this is what it sounds like when i kick in the FX loop on my peavey 6505 head.

Download the latest 7-Zip for Windows 11. Free?fast?secure download. Easy installation, top compression. Your go-to 7zip solution

the volume is below 1.

pedal used in loop is a TC electronic nova delay

the noise increases when i plug in my zoom 9050.

the noise remains the same no matter how high i turn the amp up.

when i plug only one cable in either the send or the return and kick in the fx loop there is no noise.

when i run the pedal between the guitar and the amps input there is also no noise

how can i solve this?

What happens when you 'loop' the loop with just a cable from send to return?
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
      What happens when you 'loop' the loop with just a cable from send to return?
      i get about half the noise compared to when i have the delay in the loop

Comment

Check to see if the manual tells you which tube is used for the FX loop buffer and try changing that tube out. It's the fastest/easiest troubleshooting test. You could try swapping some of the preamp tubes around too to see if that changes things or not.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          Check to see if the manual tells you which tube is used for the FX loop buffer and try changing that tube out. It's the fastest/easiest troubleshooting test. You could try swapping some of the preamp tubes around too to see if that changes things or not.
          feeling hopeless... i've read on some other forums about guys replacing all the tubes and some other things and no change...

Comment

If changing the tube for the effects loop doesn't help, try an ISP Decimator in the loop after your delay pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr View Post
              If changing the tube for the effects loop doesn't help, try an ISP Decimator in the loop after your delay pedal.
              funny thing is that i also read that an ISP decimator never would kill the noise i'm getting completely.

this sucks...

Comment

Try one of these:

Morley, Makers of Guitar Pedal Effects, Switchers and Hum Solution Products. Click Here to See How Morley Can Help You.

Comment

thanks for your help.

maybe i didn't mention, maybe i did, but if i were to rehearse with the amp kicking in the FX loop would just make the usual distortion buzz/hum a liiiittle bit stronger. it's almost unnoticable when playing over 1 in volume

Comment

got a BOSS NS-2 today.

Noise is gone.

Comment

Working...
                    X