Axefx Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axefx Rack

Ok, I have been an Axefx user for about 6 months now and until now have not had things set-up the way I like them to be. I have a QSC K12 speaker and the Axefx Ultra and they sound incredible together. It really is true what they say. My dilemma was to put these together so they felt more like what I am used to. So since I couldn't find anything I decided to build something. Here is the progress pics and the final result.

First I cut out a side panel out of birdseye maple. I based it off of KK Audios UFX13.

I needed a place to put the QSC K12.

The rest took shape after that.

I added a mobil base out of walnut.

I trimmed it all out with walnut.

Hand rubbed a finish on and got the stuff installed.

Put a couple more pieces in so it didn't look too bare and plugged in. It works great! The speaker sounds better, IMHO, and it feels right to me. Its been awhile since I have had a rack set-up. I think I gave that up back in '94 when I became a tube amp snob! ( I can remember the day, it was a warm spring day, a tuesday, it was about 3 in the afternoon!) Now with this Axefx things are changing. I still have a lot of learning to do but its getting easier and I love it. I just thought you Axe guys might appreciate this.
    Last edited by veemagic; 03-26-2011, 02:47 PM.
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Let me be the first to say "Holy F**K that Rocks...."

Comment

Damn that thing is badass! It almost reminds me of a Neo Geo Awesome work!
      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

For a second I thought you were trying to make the sides look like a pointy!

Awesome work!
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Nice! It really helps to have the right tools for the job...

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words! You know I didn't think of it but it does remind me of a pointy too! I wonder why I was thinking of them... Tools don't make the craftsmen, but they sure don't hurt either.
            "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

That looks cool. Did you think of maybe putting some of the little used rack gear at the bottom and the speaker up top? Or maybe a pivot shelf on the bottom so the speaker is angled up a little more?
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                That looks cool. Did you think of maybe putting some of the little used rack gear at the bottom and the speaker up top? Or maybe a pivot shelf on the bottom so the speaker is angled up a little more?
                No, that won't work. The speaker is much wider/taller (depends on how you are looking at it) than a rack unit. The speaker can be angled as it has bevels on it that shoot it like a floor monitor. I just have it setting flat right now. I can twist it so it shoots at an angle. Just trying things out.

Here is a shot of it angled.

Last edited by veemagic; 03-26-2011, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Very nice work. I love the Roland GP-8!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                    Very nice work. I love the Roland GP-8!!!!
                    Thanks! Close but its a Roland GP-16!!!! twice the power=twice the fun! Man that dates me a bit. I still like that thing though. I dont use it often but every once in awhile. I had that and the Fender midi switcher controlling my 5150 channel switching via the Roland floor board. It was quite innovative at the time! Too bad I got rid of the 5150 back in '95 so the switcher doesn't see much use anymore.

Comment

Killer wood working!
                      I am a master carpenter/wood worker.
                      Nice Job!

Comment

Very cool!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Damn Sweet, Great job.

Comment

Very nice. I'll bet you could sell scads of those.

Comment

Sup?

Sweet

MOSHON
                              DAVE
                              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
                              X