Cheap strobe tuners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap strobe tuners?

I am planning on getting a strobe tuner mainly for intonations, but I don't know much about them. I don't want to spend a lot of money, hopefully under $100.

Are the ones in that price range worth getting, or do you need to spend the big bucks? For example, Planet Waves has a true strobe tuner for about $70. It seems like it would do the job, but I don't want to waste money on something that isn't any better than my $20 guitar tuner I have now. I'm looking for more accuracy. I just don't know if it being a strobe tuner is enough, or if there are other factors I should consider when choosing.

Any thoughts or info would be appreciated. Seems like a small thing, but I hate buying something without enough knowledge.

Got an iPhone? The Peterson Strobe tuner app is 9.99 and works like a freekin' champ.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Nope. My cell phone is just a cell phone. With the reception around here, it usually isn't even able to do that!

Thanks for the thought though.

Comment

Look at the Peterson virtual stuff. I think the Stroboflip is the cheapest one. You can also get software for your computer for around 100 I think. I think the software is just as good as the Iphone app. Check out their website. http://www.petersontuners.com/
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Will do. Thanks!

Comment

I know I'm late with this, but maybe others will find it useful. I have a Turbo Tuner and really like it. I have the new ST-122. It is now aluminum and costs a little more. It looks like they are still filling back orders on that. Both are still cheaper than the Petersons. I find the Turbo Tuner display easier to use than the scrolling bars of the Peterson. Both are super accurate.

Comment

Another vote for the turbo tuner, I have the st-200 and the new st-122. They are the best tuners I have ever used, very accurate and easy to read. They do cost a little more then a boss style tuner but are far cheaper then the petersons and in my opinion a better design. I used to have a strobo flip and a strobo stomp and have replaced both of them with turbo tuners. I couldn't be happier.

Comment

Working...
              X