Trying to find a 212 cab.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find a 212 cab.

I have a 412 cab, that I think is an old Ibanez cab, that I got empty. I put 2 Eminence Man-O-War speakers in it and 2 Carvin Gt-12's. Before the Carvins I had my Valveking speakers in it. After putting the Carvins in I realized that the I only want the Carvins (they sound awesome to me in my setup). I could easily put in another set but, I run 3 amps in my live sound and drive a Honda Accord. So I was going to just buy a 212 cab. I looked on Ebay and all I could find was pine boxes. The 412 cab I have is really thick plywood and I think pine would change the sound. I don't know where to look for a good 212 cabinet that is empty. I'm terrible at wood working and couldn't begin to get it right as far as design goes anyways. Who makes a good 212 cabinet? Any direction would be greatly appreciated.:think:
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

I think Splawn might sell 2x12 unloaded cabinets. Could be wrong though.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
        Was at there site a couple years ago and couldn't remember their name. Thank you.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
          +1

I owned one for years and have bought and sold many more well known brand name 2X12 cabs yet, my Avatar is still with me.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I still have a 10 year old Rectifier cab though, solid.

And one of the 4x12 rectifier cabs, but I don't use it.

They're pretty all-purpose, Vintage 30 cabs.
            I like EL34s.

Comment

When I was 2x12 shopping I ran across a company called Seismic. They had a variety of choices. Anyone owned or heard one?

Comment

search the bay for an old ADA 212 cab! I have one, which I put Eminence legend speakers in, and I use it far more than my Marshall 412......just don't like carrying the big
                old cabinet anymore. Anyway, it looks cool, can be found for cheap, and is easy to transport. I run my SLO through it all of the time,,,and it sounds great.

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology View Post
                  +1

I owned one for years and have bought and sold many more well known brand name 2X12 cabs yet, my Avatar is still with me.
                  +2

I have a closed back contemporary 212 and it kicks ass, great low end.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
                    search the bay for an old ADA 212 cab! I have one, which I put Eminence legend speakers in, and I use it far more than my Marshall 412......just don't like carrying the big
                    old cabinet anymore. Anyway, it looks cool, can be found for cheap, and is easy to transport. I run my SLO through it all of the time,,,and it sounds great.
                    +1 YES! I just bought a pair of vintage ADA 2x12 slants. I put my 5150 speakers in them and WOW! They are really sweet cabs and ooze 80's with the carpet covering and metal grills. By today's styles they look like they belong in the backseat of a Caprice rolling on 20's.

Comment

Working...
                    X