HNAD to me -- x2!! =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HNAD to me -- x2!! =)

One came in yesterday, and the other is "out for delivery"!

Any guesses?

Pics to follow this evening...
    Last edited by chrisolson; 04-19-2011, 09:05 AM.

bogner
    sound city
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
      bogner
      sound city
      Does a Line 6 Spider Valve count as a Bogner? I do have a champagne appetite, but I also have a beer budget! I would LOVE a Shiva though.

Played a buddy's Cameron w/Aldrich mod, and Friedman BE modded JMP...oh my God....

He has more wrapped up in amps than I think my house is worth!

Comment

Ooooh, such a tease. I'm going to guess a 20 Watt Gorilla and a Peavy Bandit 112.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Close!!

Comment

Here we go:

#1 Jet City JCA100H

#2 Ceriatone Chupacabra (basically a rip-off of a rip-off of the Jose Arredondo mod. SMOKES!!! Marshall-y goodness with a bunch more stuff in it!!

Nice pair!

The "Wailing Wall"

Digging both so far, and the Spider Valve Mk II is no slouch either... Fun!!
            Last edited by chrisolson; 04-19-2011, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Just took a Spdier Valve 212 combo to practice tonight to see if I liked the new version(had the original head, hated it, never sounded the same twice after shutdown despite saving the settings), I like the MKII a lot(the tones are better and it sounds the same every time I turn it on, the noise gate is better too), but 50 watts just doesnt leave me the headroom Im looking for. I ordered the head tonight. Working on a deal with the shop for computer repair and some trades and or cash. Cant wait for it to get here.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                Just took a Spdier Valve 212 combo to practice tonight to see if I liked the new version(had the original head, hated it, never sounded the same twice after shutdown despite saving the settings), I like the MKII a lot(the tones are better and it sounds the same every time I turn it on, the noise gate is better too), but 50 watts just doesnt leave me the headroom Im looking for. I ordered the head tonight. Working on a deal with the shop for computer repair and some trades and or cash. Cant wait for it to get here.
                The Mk II is an impressive step up. I had a short honeymoon with the Mk I, but VERY short. It had one useful setting for me. Now, it flat out rocks!

As far as your issue, did you try it through a closed-back cab? That's the key to really bringing these suckers to life IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                  The Mk II is an impressive step up. I had a short honeymoon with the Mk I, but VERY short. It had one useful setting for me. Now, it flat out rocks!

As far as your issue, did you try it through a closed-back cab? That's the key to really bringing these suckers to life IMO.
                  Yeah, I did use it through a closed back cab both with the I and the II, the I just seemed flakey, the II sounds great, but 50 watts doesnt leave me the headroom in the power amp I desire. Im not a fan of oodles of power amp distortion. The head should be perfect.
                  HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                    Here we go:

#1 Jet City JCA100H

#2 Ceriatone Chupacabra (basically a rip-off of a rip-off of the Jose Arredondo mod. SMOKES!!! Marshall-y goodness with a bunch more stuff in it!!

Nice pair!

The "Wailing Wall"

Digging both so far, and the Spider Valve Mk II is no slouch either... Fun!!
                    Chris, I am DEMANDING a full review of that Ceriatone!!!!
                    Does it have a loop? Channel switching? I need details!

Comment

yeah, i am intrigued by the ceriatone as well. i was looking at a few of their kits....
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yeah, the Chupa looks like a sweet amp.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

NUHICEE!!! Awesome setup!

Chris, next up, get rid of those casters for the cab and seat it on one of these...

You'll thank me later.
                          Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                            NUHICEE!!! Awesome setup!

Chris, next up, get rid of those casters for the cab and seat it on one of these...

You'll thank me later.
                            What does it do? I'm actually thinking of putting the bottow shelf on the rack to balance the "top heaviness" of all the amps. Actually, I need to tether the rack to the wall somehow. If that sucker tipped...

I'll give a little review tonight when I'm not typing on a phone...

Comment

It isolates your cab from the ground. So, whatever type of ground substance you're playing on - concrete, carpet, wood, etc. the low-end sounds the same. On casters, you lose a lot of low-end IMO.
                              Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X