No announcement yet.

Nad engl!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the heck is that orange and black thing sitting on top of it?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
      What the heck is that orange and black thing sitting on top of it?
      a multi-meter.
      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
        Up here, Triple Rectifiers go for 2000.

Orange Rockerverb 50s go for 2000 - 2200

Isn't the Fireball much cheaper, price per watt, then that Rockerverb?

In comparison to other ENGLs, the Fireball is damn good value. I never said it was a cheap amp, but It's in the same range as a 6505+ (~1300). In my opinion, it's a way better amp.
        Yeah it would be cheaper than the Rockerverb.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Well after a rebias, (the amps EQ was worthless at high volume) this thing freekin screams. I was a bit worried after hearing it loose its balls at high volumes saturday night, but the rebias has fixed that indeed. The thing will kick you in the chest and grind your bones, at any volume now. Man what a manly tone this thing has. Just goes to show you just how important a proper bias setting is, it WILL make or break an amp.

Ive also noticed that this amp favors certain pickups and speakers, unlike many of my other amps which sound the same pretty much with whatever you use. My Seventy 80s make it sound more Marshall like, where it sounds like an Engl through my Super 65s. Im not a fan of how it sounds through Vintage 30s at all, its a trebly, flubby mess with those. I cant wait to try it though a 412 of G12T75s. Ive always preferred those over any other speaker. Well see how they sound now with a picky amp. If that goes well, I may consider buying a quad of G12T100s.
          Last edited by Twitch; 04-25-2011, 08:33 PM.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Nice man, big congrats!
            "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

I dig these. Also really dig the Engl Screamer 50 combo. Always been a Mesa guy but have been impressed with some of the Engl stuff.

Comment

Congratz! Played one of these a few days ago and I do have a GAS for a Fireball now. Rock on!
                JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                X