Power Supply red cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Supply red cable?

Hello. I found this picture on the net and noticed two things that I think are a little weird.

1. How can he run the TC Electronic Nova Delay with only 250mA as that DC output of the Harley Benton power supply gives? It says on mine that it needs 300mA.

2. Isn't that red cable used to reverse the poles or convert from DC to AC or something?

Download the latest 7-Zip for Windows 11. Free?fast?secure download. Easy installation, top compression. Your go-to 7zip solution

The red cables are typically used by Line 6 to indicate a higher current connection.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      The red cables are typically used by Line 6 to indicate a higher current connection.
      okay so that red cable takes some mA's from the whole section of 2 12v 250mA each outputs?

Comment

It really depends on the manufacturer of the power supply. My Voodoo labs includes one or two red cables (I forget, never used them myself) that can be used with the high current outputs. The cables aren't special themselves, it's just to make a quicker visual "that's my high current port". I'm not familiar with Harley Benton power supplies so I don't know if that is the case with them as well.

On the Voodoo Labs supply I use the, "L6" ports are higher current.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
        X