80's Boogie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's Boogie

Found a half stack Mesa Boogie Mark III and I'm really stoked.100 watt simul class 2 6L6's and 2 EL 34's 5 band EQ and reverb.
    Blonde tolex too all aged to perfection.
    Have to wait until the 8th to pick it up and its killing me!
    Pics when I bring it home!!
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Nice! Congrats!

Comment

Cool.

Comment

Sounds awesome. Post pix when you get it.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

sounds very nice. Looking forward to the pics.

way before the Boogie = downtuned metal thing, my guitar teacher had a sexy Mk III combo. Can't remember exact details, but a honey-brown finish (can't remember if it was wood or tolex), wicker grill, loads of switches & knobs. To 13 year old me, it just smacked of class. And when he played his US Schecter strat (wood finish, gold hardware) or Ibanez George Benson through it (guy was a jazz dude, but I remember tabs for Far Beyond The Sun lying around and could whip out a Gary Moore ascending run when I asked about them ), it sounded awesome too. Had such a great singing lead tone, to my immature ears anyway, and that's what I grew up associating Mesa with.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

That sounds just like the one I ordered from Boogie as a 17 year old. I lived at home, worked a good-paying job and had money to spend...I took out a $2k loan from my credit union and had a blonde half stack shipped to me.

Obviously that was way too much for me then, but I enjoyed it for many years. I later traded it for a Jubilee half stack and have used Marshalls ever since.

Comment

I will post pics as soon as I get it, Sunday seems like an eternity at this point.LOL

Comment

I have a Mesa Road King and I love that thing.
                2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Can't go wrong with old and loud Boogies, I'll never sell mine.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Good luck! I had a Mk II for a few years. I was going to get a Mark III as well, but I found it really didn't do much more than the Mk II.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

You picked a nice boogie.
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

I'm probably gonna get my balls busted here but I had a Mark III Blue strip that I just did not like so I sold it. While I hated to see it go because it was DEAD mint shape, I just got no use out of it. I hope you enjoy your new amp and ROCK ON BROTHER.

joe...
                        www.godwentpunk.com
                        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Did find out it is a blue stripe version BTW
                          We'll see when I pick it up already have some sweet trade offers rolling in.
                          One guy wants to trade his R8 lemon burst and a strat.
                          One has an 08 L.P. Std sort of a dark burst I would say plus he said he would give me his old Marshall 800 that took a dump(he thinks a bad tranny).
                          A few others have called me asking Q's.Damn word has gotten out all over town.
                          What would the cash value be on this amp just curious I don't want to get screwed if a decent trade deal pops up.

Comment

How about some pictures.?

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                              Did find out it is a blue stripe version BTW
                              We'll see when I pick it up already have some sweet trade offers rolling in.
                              One guy wants to trade his R8 lemon burst and a strat.
                              One has an 08 L.P. Std sort of a dark burst I would say plus he said he would give me his old Marshall 800 that took a dump(he thinks a bad tranny).
                              A few others have called me asking Q's.Damn word has gotten out all over town.
                              What would the cash value be on this amp just curious I don't want to get screwed if a decent trade deal pops up.
                              Stray,

If you decide not to go for it, could you put me in touch with the guy with the bad 800? I have some 100 watt iron sitting from a 1979 (year) combo and have been looking for a dead head to rebuild.

I'm not looking to spend a lot, I really just need the chassis and headbox. I'll be gutting and rebuilding everything from scratch, so if he passes I'll understand.

Comment

Working...
                              X