No announcement yet.

80's Boogie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll probably see him in a week or so so I'll ask what he wants for the 800 head straight up.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Here are the pics.
      Blue stripe version Mark III simul class.Some nice tones so far but will tweak a bit tonight to find the sweet spots.

Comment

Wow, that looks real clean! Great score and congratulations.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks Shawn.
          The tolex looks whiter in the pics than it is more a creamy off white.
          Ass kicking amp for sure.

Comment

Cool! Love the matching cab with the metal grille!, though they don't do much for keeping the speakers dust-free, but is more mosh-proof than standard fabric.
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I had to break out the Hoover to get all the dust out and there was a lot.
              Here is a pic of the top half of the cab from the back cool that you can go open back on these too.
              Last edited by straycat; 05-08-2011, 08:47 PM.

Comment

All I can say is WOW. That is very sweet.
                Keep dialing!! There are great tones locked in there. Only a tweaker can find them!
                You will be very happy how well that amp sits in a live mix. Incredible.

Comment

I down loaded the operating manual and all the dialing in info was there.
                  Holy shit the Marshall or metal II settings are awesome Metal I was great too.
                  Such a great clean sounding amp as well quite impressive.
                  Metal II with the Keely DS -1 about made me have an orgasm.

Comment

VERY nice rig!!!!! those EV black shadows are what got me into using EVM speakers with my rig. the sound is so much larger and more focused with those speakers. enjoy!!!
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Classy looking amp!
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

NICE SCORE! the blue stripe MKIII's are my favorite. I recommend you have a tech change it out to 4 6L6's and use SED winged C's. You'll be glad you did.
                        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Got to spend some quality time today using my power brake I cranked the shit out of it.
                          Get past 7 on the first vol to drive the amp hard and wow sonic glory is what happened.
                          The tone with no pedals is out fucking standing with the attenuator on about 1/2 way up great tone at semi bed room level.
                          This amp is one bad mother.

Comment

That is in great shape.. those EV Black shadows look like EV12L, very heavy magnets on those but they can handle power. Nice cab!
                            I own a Mk3 blue stripe combo with the 5 band+rev, alot of great tones once you dial them in.

Comment

That's a great find - congrats! From your pictures, the setup (sans dust) looks practically new.
                              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Thanks fuel my second boogie, I had a caliber 22 combo many years ago.
                                Picked up a Boogie 50/50 rack amp too and love it as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X