New pedal day......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pedal day......

Should be recieving my new Wampler Triple Wreck pedal later today. I've had so much trouble finding a pedal to get sounding distortion. Having a one channel amp makes it tough on a guy. As soon as I get it home I will be making room on the pedal board and take it for a test spin, with a full review here.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

I tried the Plextortion... It sounded good but furthered my belief that there isn't a distortion pedal out there for me. The build quality was amazing... but I sent it back and humbly returned to my SD-1 boosted Marshall. Good Luck.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
      ...humbly returned to my SD-1 boosted Marshall. Good Luck.
      Hard to beat.

Comment

So far not impressed. It has no body to the sound at all. I have a Visual Sounds Jeckyll n Hyde that sounds better than it.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Guys if you want to get just about ANY distortion tone you could dream of...buy the damn Biyang Metal End. You can get a barely breaking up tube tone out of it..or you can tweak it to get a SUPER thick n heavey Mesa tone.
          Is it Chinese...yep
          Is it Cheap...yep
          Does it rip off some other company's design...hell if I know, but I'd venture to say yep
          Does it do everything that I stated...oh HELL yeah
          There are TONS of tones you can get out of this thing.
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Years ago, I ordered a Zoom Hyper Lead after reading all of the rave reviews for days. After a couple of hours with it, I boxed it up to be sent back the next day and went right back to the Boss Metal Zone/GE-7 EQ combo.

If it works, it works.
            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Sorry to hear. I have a "Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe" on order and hope I won't regret it. I played it quickly in the store and picked it up over the Carl Martin Plexitone and Suhr Riot. I wish I could have tried these side by side but these were tried over a period of a few weeks as the stores here can't hold long enough in inventory.
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

The Triple Wreck is going back, that is assuming I didn't wait to long to return it. If that's the case I will put it on Craigslist. It didn't work well with my amp and I tried it on a friend of mines amp and it sounded the same on both, no body to the sound and the awesome amount of gain wasn't there. The Jeckyl and Hyde pedal I also use was better sounding. I'll just turn up the gain on it and get a pedal that does the low gain stuff. Here I go again. Bombtek, will have to check that one out too, I'm such a gear whore. One of these days I think I'll just buy an amp that isn't one channel. That will be a chore in itself.

Comment

I have the Wampler Pinnacle II and the Analog Echo and they are both pretty good pedals. If your looking for a killer distortion pedal check out the Suhr Riot. I like it alot better than the Wampler.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr View Post
                    I have the Wampler Pinnacle II and the Analog Echo and they are both pretty good pedals. If your looking for a killer distortion pedal check out the Suhr Riot. I like it alot better than the Wampler.
                    Don't make me regret my Pinnacle...
                    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Bought a Line6 crunchtone for $34 and it does the lowgain stuff. And then, damnit I couldn't stop myself I bought another mxr fullbore metal pedal, hoping this one will last longer than a year. And then, I saw a mxr boost overdrive pedal for $90 and had to have that. I think I'm done for awhile, at least I hope. The singer from my band came and watched me play with another band I'm in saturday night (getting divorced was the best musical career move I ever made) and came over, looked down at my pedal board and just started laughing. I said "hay the pedal board is full so I should be done for awhile." To which he replied "I don't know can you fit another one there, if you move that one this way and that over." I think he has me figured out.

Comment

I can't comment on the reliability because I've only used mine a couple of times, but I really do like the sound of the MXR Fullbore. I bought it as a backup for my ancient ART Xtreme (already killed a couple of those) and then promptly stopped gigging with my pedal/rack rig. Oh well, I don't regret buying the Fullbore. The size, built-in gate and price made it a good choice for my gig "first aid kit".
                        sigpic

Comment

I agree totally, I love the sound it gets out of my amp. My only complaint is the first one I bought didn't last all that long. I bought it when they where new, I figure at that price I'll just keep buying them.

Comment

Working...
                          X