No announcement yet.

Axe-FX II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So they announce the II, people run to dump sell them so they don't lose their value and now they can't deliver the II and people are pissed because they are left without an Ultra or Standard? LOL

Kinda reminds me of Cameron taking orders and pre-pay for the new amp line and not building them or delivering them. Don't buy anything until can be in you hands.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Yup Shawn, the one man shop here needs to partner with some people that can manufacture their product on a grander scale than they seem to be able to achieve. ( I realize it's not just one man, but it's a low headcount operation. )
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Originally posted by jgcable View Post
        I haven't settled on a Mesa or a Soldano. I play a Randall RM100. What you Fractal knuckleheads are playing out of is fake.
        Its manufacturered tone created in a lab by software engineers. What is the music world coming to when a player is willing to sell his live rig because it doesn't have a USB port. Jeez bro's. Thats sad.
        99% of the pro's that play live use real tube amps. 99% of the bands that play live play real tube amps.
        It might even be higher than 99% actually. Now get along kiddies... I think I heard your guitar rig alarm clock go off. It must be time for a software update. I wonder if you could get a virus in your Axe FX rig. That would be cool live.
        I think your numbers are pretty silly John. First off, pulling the number out of your ass doesn't make it a fact. Secondly, lots of bands use modelers in various capacities live and WAY more use modelers on studio recordings. Take a guy like Ed DeGenaro, he's been a senior dude at THD for years and has access to some of the best handmade amps in the world and he uses an Axe-FX in the studio and live - his day job is literally to sell tube amps and he's using a modeler.

You've certainly come full circle on this because you used to rant and rave about how great your Boss GT-6 tone was live and how you were always pissed about defending your rig against tube snobs. Note that the GT-6 compared to the Axe-FX is like a Playskool piano compared to a Steinway grand.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
          Kinda reminds me of Cameron taking orders and pre-pay for the new amp line and not building them or delivering them. Don't buy anything until can be in you hands.
          Seriously? They didn't take any money from anyone. No comparison at all. They announced the Axe II on May 8th and they're planning on shipping them this week. That's less than 2 months. Just because a bunch of crybabies on the Internet are impatient doesn't mean Fractal is fucking anyone over.

BTW, how many companies announce stuff at Winter NAMM in January and don't ship stuff until months later? Or, in the case of Bogner years later.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

• Sup?

MOSHON
            DAVE
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

• Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              Seriously? They didn't take any money from anyone. No comparison at all. They announced the Axe II on May 8th and they're planning on shipping them this week. That's less than 2 months. Just because a bunch of crybabies on the Internet are impatient doesn't mean Fractal is fucking anyone over.

BTW, how many companies announce stuff at Winter NAMM in January and don't ship stuff until months later? Or, in the case of Bogner years later.
              Well stated

Comment

• I only know one thing...

Since the announcement of the AXE-FX II, that board has turned from a wealth of information to a pile of shit. I can hardly wait tell all these dicks get their equipment and find something else shiny to buy, and bitch about, so that place can turn back into something useful. Where did these people come from?

-Nate
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

• Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                  I think your numbers are pretty silly John. First off, pulling the number out of your ass doesn't make it a fact. Secondly, lots of bands use modelers in various capacities live and WAY more use modelers on studio recordings. Take a guy like Ed DeGenaro, he's been a senior dude at THD for years and has access to some of the best handmade amps in the world and he uses an Axe-FX in the studio and live - his day job is literally to sell tube amps and he's using a modeler.

You've certainly come full circle on this because you used to rant and rave about how great your Boss GT-6 tone was live and how you were always pissed about defending your rig against tube snobs. Note that the GT-6 compared to the Axe-FX is like a Playskool piano compared to a Steinway grand.
                  Tim, I respect your opinions and you are a wealth of knowledge in regards to amps for sure but I think my numbers are accurate. There are little to no pro's playing Axe FX rigs live. I go to tons of concerts, clubs and gigs and I have never seen one ever. Its always the same amps... mainly Marshall and Mesa. Bogners, Engl and VHT have been popping up alot lately though.
                  You are correct. I did defend my GT-6, my GT-8, my Vetta's, and all the other modeling amps I had over the years. Since I have been playing the RM100 I have never gotten better sound. My bandmate plays a stock Carvin V3. We both have Marshall 1960 cabs and we have little to no effects on stage. Our sound has never been better over the last 3 years. I did a gig on Saturday and the other band guitar players played a Marshall DSL100 with a Marshall 1960A and a 5150 through a Mesa cabinet with a G-Major in the loop. Their sound was incredible.
                  That 5150 had one of the best clean tones with the G-Major that I have ever heard. Their tone was crushing.
                  A few weeks before I saw a guy with a Dual Rectifier 1/2 stack who had amazing tone and it was a top 40/rock band. His tone was versatile and crushing at the same time. I also saw a guy playing a Frayette VHT head and VHT cab with some vintage pedals. His tone was amazing.
                  A month ago I saw a local band and the guy was playing a Diezel Herbert and Diezel cab with a Nova System in the loop. OMG. His tone was sick. So clear, so articulate and so organic.
                  I can go on and one but the one constant remains... I have yet to see or hear an Axe FX live anywhere from local clubs to pros.
                  I did hear about a guy locally who owned one and the sound guys told me his sound was absolutely amazing. I don't doubt it. The clips online are very very good and very convincing. I just think that the majority of Axe FX owners play at home. I also think that 99% if not more of gigging musicians play tube amps live. Especially the pros.
                  I am going to see Dokken in about a month. How much you want to bet there will be no software driven rigs on stage.

Again.. let me just state that I play a POD X3 at home through powered monitors for home practice. I even have an old Flextone II XL combo from the old days that I enjoy jamming on.
                  I love modeling amps. I just don't think any pro's are using them.
                  Think about it.. say you made it big or hit the lottery or something and you could gig anytime and anywhere you want and you would have a full road crew, roadies, guitar techs, amp techs...what kind of rig would you gig with?
                  I would have a killer Bradshaw switching system with Fender amps for clean, Bogners, Soldano's, all kinds of killer boutique amps. Maybe some Cornford amps, Matchless and some Cameron modded Marshalls. Maybe some vintage Plexi's too. I wouldn't even think about modeling amps if I could afford the real thing.
                  THAT... is why the pro's play the real thing live and only use software driven rigs when its not possible or logical to bring their live rigs to a performance. What do you think?

Comment

Working...
                  X