No announcement yet.

Axe-FX II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey if they make a version where you shoot the birds using whammy bar dives, I'll buy it in a second.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
      I heard that the latest version of the Axe FX has an alarm clock built into it since 99% of them are used in bedrooms.
      Maybe the new unit has a coffee maker port on it too.
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

A journey on the emotional rollercoaster of owning a fancy apple gadget.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I am actually a little confused at all the ball busting going on here over, a what 2+ year old, device getting a new version??? I mean we are all "tone seekers" and this is just another avenue for that. JG, how many tube amps have you gone through before settling on your SLO and Mesa? From what I remember you haven't even tried one of these things and all you have done is blast it saying it's nothing more than a coffee maker or alarm clock. Not that I really care, I really don't, but it is all a bit confusing to me. I enjoy my tube amps and I have really been enjoying my ultra. I don't feel pissed that Fractal has come out with a faster, more powerful unit. I am glad they are still working and listening to their customers. Sorry if this came off as a rant but after reading all these posts it just kind of hit me weird. I don't know...
          Let the cracks continue i guess.
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Have to agree with Veemagic. Strictly a bedroom player with more money than skill. But, where is the problem with coming out with a new product? The fact that they provided free updates for about two years is pretty impressive. Do you guys go on a tirade when your favorite automobile gets upgraded? Do you say "they aren't going to support my old car. How come they aren't going to give me the new high performance engine and new body style for free?" What the hell kind of thinking is that? Also, what's the problem with the price? A Soldano SLO costs over $1K more for no where near the tonal possibilities.

I know, I know ....I am just a bedroom player. One day I may spring for the Axe-FX. But, I really am not a tweaker and am happy with a couple of sounds.

I do need to upgrade my alarm clock, so maybe I will. And then when I find them, I can use the successful CD's from all the "PRO" players for an accompanying cup coaster.

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
              I am actually a little confused at all the ball busting going on here over, a what 2+ year old, device getting a new version??? I mean we are all "tone seekers" and this is just another avenue for that. JG, how many tube amps have you gone through before settling on your SLO and Mesa? From what I remember you haven't even tried one of these things and all you have done is blast it saying it's nothing more than a coffee maker or alarm clock. Not that I really care, I really don't, but it is all a bit confusing to me. I enjoy my tube amps and I have really been enjoying my ultra. I don't feel pissed that Fractal has come out with a faster, more powerful unit. I am glad they are still working and listening to their customers. Sorry if this came off as a rant but after reading all these posts it just kind of hit me weird. I don't know...
              I haven't settled on a Mesa or a Soldano. I play a Randall RM100. What you Fractal knuckleheads are playing out of is fake.
              Its manufacturered tone created in a lab by software engineers. What is the music world coming to when a player is willing to sell his live rig because it doesn't have a USB port. Jeez bro's. Thats sad.
              99% of the pro's that play live use real tube amps. 99% of the bands that play live play real tube amps.
              It might even be higher than 99% actually. Now get along kiddies... I think I heard your guitar rig alarm clock go off. It must be time for a software update. I wonder if you could get a virus in your Axe FX rig. That would be cool live.

Comment

don't feed the troll!

jgcable is a long time Vetta user (live too, even!!), so don't be sucked in by his anti-Fractal rants.

Here's some light reading to support his thoughts on using modelling amps onstage:

Hail yesterday

Comment

John, i don't think 99% of the bands are using tube amps. They can't afford groupies anymore.

In this axe fx "upgrade", cliff has changed everything. Literally. Dual processors, with one dedicated to entirely the Amp section. So, a patch created on one unit is no longer compatible with the other. That is something drastic. Of course, I'm gonna stick to the Ultra mainly because it took me an year to get my tones/patches to the place they are and I don't want to start the tweaking cycle again.
                  Sam

Comment

I think something like a AxeFX is cool if you want access to a wide variety of sounds, especially in a recording situation. But if you know the sound you are after the wisest choice would be to get a real amp. I tried all the emulators and they always left me cold in some fashion. I am getting the best results nowadays with my Mesa Road King and using the Slave Out with a load box (and a Little Labs Red Eye) and then using Redwirez impulses. I have a lot of control over the mics and cab and can get a variety of sounds. Sounds great. All for less than a price of a AxeFX.
                    2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                    Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

I haven't settled on a Mesa or a Soldano. I play a Randall RM100. What you Fractal knuckleheads are playing out of is fake.
                      Its manufacturered tone created in a lab by software engineers. What is the music world coming to when a player is willing to sell his live rig because it doesn't have a USB port. Jeez bro's. Thats sad.
                      99% of the pro's that play live use real tube amps. 99% of the bands that play live play real tube amps.
                      It might even be higher than 99% actually. Now get along kiddies... I think I heard your guitar rig alarm clock go off. It must be time for a software update. I wonder if you could get a virus in your Axe FX rig. That would be cool live.
                      Dude you really are stepping this up a notch. :think: First you used an example of amps you don't even play? Second " the tone created in a lab" ??? The tone comes from your fingers first and last, or have you forgotten that? 99% of pros play this and 99% of bands play that? WTF, and your calling ME a kiddie when your just following along with what you think pros are playing live? Just keep playing your tube amps, dont ever change, and I'll keep playing whatever feels right to me regardless if it has tubes or chips. Yeesh!
                      "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        don't feed the troll!

jgcable is a long time Vetta user (live too, even!!), so don't be sucked in by his anti-Fractal rants.

Here's some light reading to support his thoughts on using modelling amps onstage:

:think: has someone from fractal wronged him in some way?

Comment

Dude you really are stepping this up a notch. :think: First you used an example of amps you don't even play? Second " the tone created in a lab" ??? The tone comes from your fingers first and last, or have you forgotten that? 99% of pros play this and 99% of bands play that? WTF, and your calling ME a kiddie when your just following along with what you think pros are playing live? Just keep playing your tube amps, dont ever change, and I'll keep playing whatever feels right to me regardless if it has tubes or chips. Yeesh!
                          Look at your post count. Look at mine. You are a kiddie!
                          I know what pro's play live because I am a pro.
                          You are just a kid with a low post count sitting on your bed in front of your software guitar rig! Take that sucka!
                          I love this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                            don't feed the troll!

Couldn't you have let me go a little longer. Darn... foiled again.
                            I love the modeling/tube amp debates. The entire time I was posting to this thread I was jamming through my Line 6 POD X3 plugged into my computer!
                            I do use a Randall RM100 live though. Have been for a few years now.

Comment

Look at your post count. Look at mine. You are a kiddie!
                              I know what pro's play live because I am a pro.
                              You are just a kid with a low post count sitting on your bed in front of your software guitar rig! Take that sucka!
                              I love this stuff.
                              What are we measuring our cocks now with post counts! 13k posts and from what ive read recently youve added so much with your wisdom. Much like this thread you always seem to add just what is missing. With your high post count you must be a hell of a pro player! Maybe you should put the computer down and go play more. It would appear your the one with all the time on your hands? And I am the kiddie. I'll give you this you are funny!

Comment

...uberschall

...fuggums
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X