Axe-FX II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axe-FX II

Fractal just pissed off alot of people who dropped $2K on an Ultra by releasing this bad boy

The people that will be the most enraged will be those that thought they would be getting free updates for the next 10 years on the original axefx. Now the guys energy will be all put in to the "II" and a lot of the stuff probably won't work on the original, especially the standard.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

My standard still sounds great. A firmware was also released for the standard that uses some of the new tech developed for the II. Outside of a few additional effects the standard and the ultra sound the same. The ultra can do more in one preset but they sound the same.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Following the Line 6 corporate model.
        The new users of the Axe FX II are going to be digging it so much the owners of the original and the Ultra will be dumping them shortly. Stay tuned.
        Thats the nice thing about using a standard old tube amp. How many updates as a Rectifier or an SLO had in the last 10 years?
        Its all about hype and industry buzz. Guitar rigs have become the new PC's. Buy one and in about 3 years its outdated.

Comment

and so it goes... Everything gets improved and updated. This is really no surprise. Actually its good to see that they are finding room for improvements and taking suggestions. The fact they are putting in a USB interface is great, it solves a bunch of issues people have been having. Who knows maybe getting one of the AXE II's and having and Ultra as a back-up is a good plan???
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            The new users of the Axe FX II are going to be digging it so much the owners of the original and the Ultra will be dumping them shortly. Stay tuned.
            Thats the nice thing about using a standard old tube amp. How many updates as a Rectifier or an SLO had in the last 10 years?
            Its all about hype and industry buzz. Guitar rigs have become the new PC's. Buy one and in about 3 years its outdated.

That is sort of funny. At one time the SLO and Rect were updates and improvements to something before them.
            "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

It is sort of interesting. At one point everyone was chasing after new amp designs to get the "best tube amp sound".

Now, everyone is chasing after what digital device will sound most like that "best tube amp sound".

Comment

Time to start the new "Axe-Fx Sub Forum". Gotta admit, as cool as it will be, I'm already sick of it.

Glad I sold my standard a couple months ago. Got full price, and I'm enjoying tube amps IMMENSELY!!

Comment

well all the talk from Ax-FX fan boys over the years ut is was merely IMPOSSIBLE to make the thing any better that it was lol.

Seriously, it is modern technology and under Moores Law you'll get a better product every 18 months-2 years

$2200 is a bit too much imho...I'd rather go for an Eleven Rack for DI recording / late night sessions and record my real amps with a mic when I can crank the shit outta them.
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

I love modelling. I love my 11 Rack. I would love to have an axe-fx of some type, but when it comes to playing out I still have a bunch of 9 volt pedals running in to a tube amp. It does just sound better. For recording though, give me a modeller.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

What will happen is you'll get some saying the original Axe-FX sounded better - older is better

I still keep a POD 2.0

Comment

I await my used Ultra.
                        I like EL34s.

Comment

Well the recto actually has had a lot of "upgrades" over the years according to mesa, most people prefer the old ones, but just basic tremoverb, 3 channel, roadking, roadster, updated 3 channel etc...

The slo hasn't really change much since it was made though, aside from a few mods some people prefer.

I never got into the whole modeling thing, tube amps for me.

Comment

Yep, very true indeed.
                            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                              $2200 is a bit too much imho...I'd rather go for an Eleven Rack for DI recording / late night sessions and record my real amps with a mic when I can crank the shit outta them.
                              ...Which is exactly why I bought my 11R.

- E.
                              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                              X