6505+ FS Problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6505+ FS Problem.

I finally got a cable for my footswitch,and it seems that the button for the effects loop makes a noticeable noise only when being switched off,the cable is brand new.
    Any ideas.

Id suspect the foot switch or the amp its self, but wouldnt know where to begin without seeing it. Noise caused by switching things is usually mechanical, ie, relay(in the amp, not really a relay, but the actual term escapes me at the moment) or the switch its self. It could also be electrical, but that still doesnt narrow it down between the amp or the switch. I wouldnt suspect the cable unless the connection is slightly loose and the little bit of motion the pedal makes when hitting that switch and it alone makes the cable lose contact with the socket, but that seems rather unlikely.
    Last edited by Twitch; 05-12-2011, 09:39 PM.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

See which tube buffers the effects loop and try replacing it maybe?
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

That particular switch was missing a nut on top when I first got it, but I found a nut to replace it.it could've been damaged while it was loose, I have no idea how long it was loose. I guess I could open it and see what it looks like.
        I just got the cable a week ago I had the nearest Peavey dealer order it for me and let him know the part number and how much Peavey said it should cost, I found out through emailing Peavey directly and they were really very helpful and answered my email very fast.
        Last edited by hunter1970; 05-12-2011, 09:53 PM.

Comment

On top of that the peavey dealer gave me a discount.
          This is the same store I found the 1987 USA Jackson for $299,it's my favorite store.

Comment

Working...
          X