New pedal day: quick YT demo of the AMT E1 pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pedal day: quick YT demo of the AMT E1 pedal

I tried to make soemthing better but ended doing this basic video instead. Thanks to my kids for helping me out with Movie Maker "montage"... I need to learn more how to do this.

My goal when I got that pedal was to have a decent sounding distortion pedal that I could carry in my guitar case. I'm a bit tired of logging my amp head (Peavey 6505) around each time we rehearse.

Plugged into the FX return of an amp, this pedal gives a real decent high gain sound that is usable. I was surprised. I have more tests to do but up to now, it's doing what I was hoping it would do, fits into my guitar case and works on a 9V battery!

In the following video, I used the "direct out" on the pedal. These AMT pedals have 2 outputs, cab simulated or normal pedal out.

It sounds decent recording direct but not great. Anyway, I was surprised. Better when mixed with other instruments then when played on itself. What you hear is the sound from the "direct out" of the pedal. Straigth into my Line 6 UX2 input, no pre or post effects addded except for some lite reverb in the final mix.

Next step would be to try with a mic and also with some impulses. I welcome some help for this! Tons of real good clips out there. So I will need to try this out too.

FWIW I also have a "Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe" on order, so I hope to make a quick demo of that pedal in the coming weeks.
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group
Working...
X