No announcement yet.

Power Amp Question for you Amp/Rack Gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great info, I appreciate all the feedback.

I will be running stereo at low to medium volumes....budget is not really a factor. I just want to get something that works well with the Axe-FX and doesn't 'color' it too much.

Gonna check out Carvins this week in Hollywood.
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Dude - look at a Bogner Mojado. They make a head and combo version. It is designed to be a satellite power amp for a wet/dry setup. It also has a basic preamp as well. It's a fantastic sounding amp. I use a Mojado head as the power amp for a Bogner Fish preamp and it just kills with a Rectifier 2x12. I use Mojado 1x12 combo for grab 'n go gigs and a stereo addition with the Fish.

The Mojado is a 6v6 amp so it's got plenty of low end and enough volume to play with a drummer but it can hit the sweet spot without making your ears bleed.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
        Make sure you check out the solid state Carvin power amps, too.

Also, like John stated, a Crate Powerblock is worth checking out.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
          Great info, I appreciate all the feedback.

I will be running stereo at low to medium volumes....budget is not really a factor. I just want to get something that works well with the Axe-FX and doesn't 'color' it too much.

If high volume isn't a concern, I'd go with a Mesa 20/20. The one I've got is loud as hell
          anyway...

Comment

Great thread!

No-one has mentioned the Marshall power amps yet. Are they any good? I was thinking about getting a 100/100, but from what I am reading here most people are using nothing bigger than a 50/50.

Comment

Alright.... Thread killer strikes again

Comment

Working...
              X