New Amp Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Amp Day

Just got my new Marshall AFD-100 head in and it is exactly what I expected it to be.... absolutely amazing! Just loving it.... did anyone else get one?
    Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

i didn't get one, but i am glad you dig yours!! it is always nice to get a kick-ass amp.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

AFD? All Fucking Day? Not tried one.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm very jealous. I want one of those very badly!
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Appetite For Destruction?

Hopefully the price was Slashed a little.
          Jackson KV2
          Jackson KE1T
          Jackson KE1F
          Jackson SL1

Comment

Nice! HNAD!!!

Comment

Congrats! This amp seems like it would be very cool. How close does it sound to AfD? That is one of my favorite albums.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

It sounds dead on.... I wasn't sure if they could do it when they announced this amp over a year ago, but they did it.... my band plays Mr. Brownstone and the tone is perfect.....! I own three half stacks, An H&K Triamp...., A Marshall Randy Rhoads 1959RR... and now this one.... and I will be giging with the AFD Head from now on.... Obviously the new toy rules out the others right away, but all of my amps are great... I think that my rig is set for awhile! I only wish that Marshall would have built a 1960A cab with Slash's signature top hat pole dancer logo on it.... that would have finished it off nicely!
                Shibs

1. The DNA all matches.

Comment

I saw the AFD amp at NAMM back in Jan and even filmed a couple little clips of it in the demo room there which are up on youtube I'm sure its easier to gig this amp than the Marshall RR sig amp since the RR has no master vol. But, there is nothing cooler than that RR amp
                  Congrats on your little amp collection! BTW, you guys realize there is also a Marshall YJM sig amp coming too? It was in the demo room at NAMM as well. In fact that one was being planned and worked on even before the AFD one.
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

nice, i ordered the yjm100.......but its taking forever. ive been down to the store 20 times already, they're getting sick of me lol.

Comment

Yes... I go to the NAMM show every year and I spent some time with the YJM Signature amp too.... I liked it, I hope that Marshall does well with it... I was actually surprised by it, for one I didn't know that they were making them and I'm a Marshall Dealer and two, I didn't know that YJM was even doing anything musically anymore.... I was using my H&K to gig with.... I was too worried about the RR getting damaged etc.... but who knows, I may have to give the AFD a go at it!
                      Shibs

1. The DNA all matches.

Comment

Originally posted by petez0r View Post
                        nice, i ordered the yjm100.......but its taking forever. ive been down to the store 20 times already, they're getting sick of me lol.
                        I didn't know they were actually out yet. Time for you to go down to the store for the 21st time and find out for us what the hold up is

Originally posted by Shibs View Post
                        Yes... I go to the NAMM show every year and I spent some time with the YJM Signature amp too.... I liked it, I hope that Marshall does well with it... I was actually surprised by it, for one I didn't know that they were making them and I'm a Marshall Dealer and two, I didn't know that YJM was even doing anything musically anymore.... I was using my H&K to gig with.... I was too worried about the RR getting damaged etc.... but who knows, I may have to give the AFD a go at it!
                        I was surprised to see that both the YJM and AFD amps are quite a departure for Marshall as sig amps go. Whereas the Rhoads sig was basically a duplicate of his amp, these amps have other features not on Slash's or Malmsteen's original amps. I'm not sure I'm thrilled about a lot of the add ons but the built in attenuators are a good idea.
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

How different, if at all, do these new amps sound than the original 800s and 1959s?

Congratulations on the new amp. Sounds like a very cool one.

Comment

Well the AFD was 'copied' off the SIR #39, what was an already modified 1959T

AFAIK Y "J" M used bare JMP50's with a pedal in front, the YJM100 seems a good step away from those (apart from the built-in OD circuit)
                            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                            X