X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engl Powerball 1 with Tc G major and behringer FCB 1010

Hello guys
    As the title says my problem is this:
    I have the powerball 1 which has no midi functions and I'm about to buy the g major and the FCB. I'm thinking of this like that:
    The g major will be connected via midi to the FCB controller and the FCB will switch powerball's channels.
    But is that possible? I hear a lot of stuff from people and friends
    I am going through changes every day, good or bad, it makes no difference to me, I take advantage of every day and every moment a day can offer me.

Guitars:
    1. Jackson KE2 Ferrari Red w/ black bevels
    2. Jackson KE2 Snow White w/ black bevels
    3. Jackson DK2 Custom finish
    4. Jackson Demmelition King V
    5. Charvel Model 6 White
    5. Ibanez Destroyer DT-50
    Amps:
    Engl Powerball 1 through Marshall 1960 lead 4x12
    Line6 HD147
    Bands:
    www.myspace.com/homosapiensgr
    www.myspace.com/paradigmshiftgr

Originally posted by adrianlazlow View Post
    Hello guys
    As the title says my problem is this:
    I have the powerball 1 which has no midi functions and I'm about to buy the g major and the FCB. I'm thinking of this like that:
    The g major will be connected via midi to the FCB controller and the FCB will switch powerball's channels.
    But is that possible? I hear a lot of stuff from people and friends
    Yes, that will work. The G-Major has a latching relay control that you can plug your Powerball into and control it with the FCB controller when switching channels with the G-Major. Basically, the G-Major tells the Powerball when to switch channels.

Comment

you can also use the latching switches in the FCB the same way
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        you can also use the latching switches in the FCB the same way
        Would require another x' cable to be run from the FCB, where using the Gm perhaps someting a little longer than a patchcable could suffice
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

The problem I ran into when I tried to channel switch with my FCB1010 was this:

Here was my test case fcb1010->Gmajor->AMP (fx loop)
          ->Channel switch (latch)

Lets say I press switch 1 on the FCB1010, clean channel engaged.
          I press switch 2, reverb on, cool....
          Ok, I now want to have some gain, press switch 3.
          But then I loose my reverb.

So, when I switch channels on my FCB1010 I also have to turn back on any effects that I lost during my channel switch. For this reason, I skipped on channel switching using my Gmajor and FCB1010.

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

that's just a setup issue. You could set that up a number of ways, depending on how you hook things up.

Make switch 2 clean & reverb, switch 3 gain & reverb. That would require sending a signal to your amp and fx unit with each press.

Or set it up stomp box style, with a couple of buttons to change channels on your amp and others to turn on and off fx. So buttons 1 & 2 (for example) would send an instruction to the amp only, and buttons 5-10 would send a signal to the fx unit only. Because the only instruction that button 2 is broadcasting is to tell your amp to change to the drive channel, the fx unit should maintain whatever fx turned on by the last instruction it received.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
            X