Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd: Afd100!!!!!!

Hey everyone,

It's been awhile since I have posted. Been very busy with work and family.

Anyway, enuff small talk. I got a brand new AFD100 and it is absolutely the best sounding amp for hard rock that I have played. Also, it has built-in power soak/attenuator so you can get insane tone at bedroom levels. Only downside to this amp is that it does not have a dedicated clean channel. It will clean up but it has to be on at least 50 watts for that to work out well.

Here's a quick video ( ignore the non-perfect and speeded up riff )

Alex

Nice. Love that amp!
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

That is cool, I've wondered how those sounded. How is the build quality?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
        How is the build quality?
        Seems like they are having issues.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          Seems like they are having issues.
          Ouch, lol.

Comment

I tried one and he's right you have very little of a clean channel nice sounding rock amp tho'.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
              That is cool, I've wondered how those sounded. How is the build quality?
              Seems very solid to me. No complaints. I have owned high-end boutique amps and I see no difference in quality.

Comment

Hey Def...I'm surprised you don't have my beloved '96 rig. Marshall rack w/ JMP-1/ JFX-1/ Marshall Monobloc 9200. It's also Phil's weapon of choice..but you already know that!

We had a lil' amp battle here a couple weeks ago. My kid's 6505 in a Marshall 1960, My Uber into a 1960, his freind's B52 into a 1960, and my Marshall rack into a 1960. The Marshall easily destroyed 'em all. You couldn't hear any of them with the volume at 40% (if that) ...and it was the only amp that don't require a noise gate.

Loudest, coolest rig I ever owned!
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey Def...very nice tone in that vid man!!

Is that just an NS-2 on the amp?
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    Hey Def...very nice tone in that vid man!!

Is that just an NS-2 on the amp?
                    Hey man, there is actually no FX in this clip. That is a Boss DD-3 in the loop but it's not on.

Yeah, I totally hear you on the Marshall JMP1. I'm sure your rig sounds sick.

I didnt want to have to get a whole rack together with a power amp etc. With the AFD, all I need is a guitar, a pick and a cord

Comment

Working...
                    X