No announcement yet.

Mesa Vintage 30's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got two Engl 412 cabs and both have the V60s Celestion make for Engl, but I've been thinking about trying the real deal instead...

Comment

News flash. This is fucking weird. I've had this cab (the half back with C90's and V30's that this thread is about) for about 15 years and I've never been in love with the C90s or the C90's and the V30's together. I've pretty much always used just the V30s. I pick up my gear from my bass players house this week because I'm playing with another band this Sunday and I wanted to spend some time dialing everything in. I'm using an Engl 60 watt fireball that I picked up a few months ago. Same thing, it only has ever sounded good through the V30's alone. Here's were it gets weird. I set everything up last night and it's sounds amazing with the V30s and the C90s. I can't figure it out. As a matter of fact, this may be the happiest I've ever been with my tone. I hope it sounds this good Sunday. Trippy man. Trippy.
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Ive always been a fan of the hellatone 60s. Theyre broken in and relabled vin30s. Sounds like you found the good of your c90s, but i had a mesa vert 212 in which i hated the c90 so i replaced it w a hellatone. Great speakers and oddly cheaper than a v30 :think: i know that ur askin bout mesa v30s and as someone else answered, they are different than a reg v30 just wanted to share about the hellatones as an option.

Comment

Originally posted by sambencuda View Post
          News flash. This is fucking weird. I've had this cab (the half back with C90's and V30's that this thread is about) for about 15 years and I've never been in love with the C90s or the C90's and the V30's together. I've pretty much always used just the V30s. I pick up my gear from my bass players house this week because I'm playing with another band this Sunday and I wanted to spend some time dialing everything in. I'm using an Engl 60 watt fireball that I picked up a few months ago. Same thing, it only has ever sounded good through the V30's alone. Here's were it gets weird. I set everything up last night and it's sounds amazing with the V30s and the C90s. I can't figure it out. As a matter of fact, this may be the happiest I've ever been with my tone. I hope it sounds this good Sunday. Trippy man. Trippy.
          Welcome to the world of acoustic variances of different places. Trust me, I hate to rain on your parade, but it will sound different in another room. Same thing happens to me. My rig sounds KILLER at home, but so so at practice. Nothing changes but the acoustics of the room. Your surroundings seem to have as much to do with your tone as anything else does. Dont fret(no pun intended) though, a tweak of the EQ will usually set things right.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
            Welcome to the world of acoustic variances of different places. Trust me, I hate to rain on your parade, but it will sound different in another room. Same thing happens to me. My rig sounds KILLER at home, but so so at practice. Nothing changes but the acoustics of the room. Your surroundings seem to have as much to do with your tone as anything else does. Dont fret(no pun intended) though, a tweak of the EQ will usually set things right.
            Couldn't have said it better...been dealing with this phenomenon since 1984.

Even DAY TO DAY in the same room tone/sound changes.
            Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

That's why they're called equalizers....

Comment

All good points and I will say that I can tell differences from place to place, venue to venue. This is different though. No matter how much the sound changes from place to place, those C90s sound shrill to me everywhere. The day that I posted that it sounded good was something weird. they never sounded good to me anywhere except that day. I went to a rehearsal a few weeks ago(after that post) and I used my 60 watt Fireball through the Vin30's only. my tone was perfect, but I really had to push the Engl to get the volume I needed. I think this was because the closed back vin30s have a real smooth creamy tone to them. It was almost lost within the drums and bass. I'm going back there a week from Sunday. Im going to try the full cab with the C90's and see what I get.
                "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Crank them mids

Comment

Working...
                  X