Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAD...with dream content by Mr. Friedman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD...with dream content by Mr. Friedman!

Thanks to my friend Ben for giving me a shot at a dream amp. I couldn't be happier!

It's a Metro 100-watt 12K series ('68 Super Lead) w/"Virtual Variac" in a Splawn shell, modded with the BE, Sat, C45, Clean, and loop. There's a couple channels there too (2 OD, and 1 clean), and a footswitch input, but I need to figure it what it needs to make it work. It was originally LP Freak's amp (over at RT), and Ben got it from him. I had the unique opportunity to check it out right after he got it, and fell in love with it that day. Fast forward a few months...Ben decides to go get hitched and I got to help him out with his wedding by graciously taking an amp off his hands for him.

Anyway, I picked it up last night just before a lightning storm, so I didn't get to play it last night, but after sitting at the office for one of the longest days EVER, I finally got to fire it up tonight. Heavenly. Amazing amp...everything I hoped for and then some.

Mr Friedman really has something magical going on...

A few pics for fun...

Do you switch on C45 when drinking malt liquor? As in Colt 45?

Thats the only control I can't figure out. Friedman seems to be the Marshall guy de jour.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Very fuggin nice...man, you're really on a roll!

I'd love to get together and play with our toys!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        Do you switch on C45 when drinking malt liquor? As in Colt 45?

Thats the only control I can't figure out. Friedman seems to be the Marshall guy de jour.
        The C45 control works in tandem with the Saturation control from what I understand. That SAT control just add a little bit of a very sweet compression, and give the amp a little sponginess...just a little sponginess though. The C45 gives a very slightg boost in the mids and high - it smooths thing out just a little bit.

The Brown Eye mod is AMAZING. Not over-the-top distortion, but just a really nice crunchy driven Marshall tone. Like all the best recorded Marshall tones from back in the day. Add the SAT, and while the volume drops a bit, it gives it that nice compression and sustain. Back the gain all the way off, and crank the master, hit it with an SD1, an WOW. Pure driven Plexi tones, crunchy as heck! A Marshall's Marshall.

I was going to sell the Splawn, but the voicings are different enough that I think it's worth keeping both around.

I'm done for a bit now. Need a breather, and time for the smoke to clear from my wallet!

Comment

Duh-ble post...
          Last edited by chrisolson; 07-12-2011, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Very fuggin nice...man, you're really on a roll!

I'd love to get together and play with our toys!
            If I had $1000 for every time I heard that!!

Comment

Very nice. That must be an amazing amp.

Comment

Thanks! Yeah...it's way too good for me. Then again, a Line 6 is too good for me. Friedman really "knows what's going on". If I ever get out west again, I'll have to stop in his shop and shake his hand.

Comment

Working...
                X