Marshall 30th Annv. 6100/LM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 30th Annv. 6100/LM

Anyone here have one of these? Im more interested in the LM variant. Just looking for a general, all around tone review. I havent heard of these until last night when I saw one for sale in the JCM900 price range. Ive heard all about the Silver Jubilee, so I kind of wonder if this model was a flop. The features it has seems that it would be a pretty versatile amp though.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

I played one. It was pretty damn awesome and I wish I would have bought it.

Comment

I've had interest in these a long time ago, but price, and the youthfull illusion that "more gain = better" made me decide against it
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Thats a really good one.

Comment

I thought those had some overheating issues... maybe just the combos?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had one of the combos for about a week, and it sounded pretty good, but not as good as a standard 800 imo. I've heard about the combos having heat issues too. It just had way too many bells and whistles for my tastes.

I remember the crunch channel having a great classic rhythm sound, but the lead channel not being overly inspiring. I probably could have dialed it in a lot better had I spent more time with it.

Comment

Yeah, this is pretty much what I figured. I had to mod the hell out of my 900 to make it satisfactory, which, in the end, it was, very much so. If Im gonna do another extensive mod project Id just assume it be another 900 or an 800. Guess Ill pass.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Working...
              X