Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will get me the most accurate JCM 900 tone? ADA-MP1 or JMP1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just get a JCM 900 head - you can get them stupid cheap these days. The 2150 is a ridiculously loud amp with KT-88's that is not going to sound much like a JCM 900. I used to have a 2150 and it is very unremarkable sounding until you are pushing it really hard at which point it sounds pretty damn good. A Boogie 2:90 is going to be a lot better for a Marshall vibe.

Hauling around a 16-space rack SUCKS - I'd rather have a 6 space rack and a head.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

the application is important. i can tell you, as a guy that gigs regularly, having a huge rack and a couple cabs will be a PITA. i use a head, a 4 space rack and a single 4X12 with a midi controller for the rack, the switcher for the amp, and a small pedal board with my wah and phase 90...it is a fucking nightmare to set-up in 15 minutes.....

go with the minimum of what you REALLY need onstage and you will be happier.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

to the original question..

...JMP-1
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
        X