Crate gt500 h anyone ever used one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate gt500 h anyone ever used one?

So Im thinkin bout gettin back onstage, but kid and new car makes buyin a mesa or marshall again impossible. Saw a crate at the local music shop and wonderin what anyones thoughts are on it.

Ehh, whats the price, I think you can do better. I assume its the model that kind of looks like the newer Blue Voodoo series? If it is, then its SS and Crate, you can do better unless its stupid cheap. Dont get me wrong, nothing wrong with SS if its built right, but its a Crate, and if youre into Mesa and Marshall, you wont be happy.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Its 200 bux 50 watt tube

Comment

This aint it but it looks like this

Comment

Ahh, ok, I thought those were GT50H's. Sounds like an ok deal, but I cant comment as to what it sounds like, but by the looks of it, it seems to be the same era as the flexwave stuff they had, and if the made a tube circuit with a similar amount of gain and voicing to the SS flexwave stuff(sort of Peavey Ultra-ish), Id be all over it.

Comment

Yeah the gt50 was the stealth(i think)and this was what came after it from what I've gathered. Im hoping an eq in the loop and a sd1 infront will give me that good enough tone lol

Comment

Huh, looks like the Stealth/GT50H predates this actually. The Crate carpet stuff was late 80s early 90s(when everyone did the carpet thing for some reason), the amp you linked to is late 90s early 2000s.

Comment

Lol thats what i said. This(gt500) came after the stealth.

Comment

Oh, I see that now, read it wrong. My bad.

Comment

No biggie. I do it all the time. I have the problem of reading faster than im reading sometimes ha ha

Comment

So I decided screw it. Ill chance it and pick it up. I ask the same thing I ask everytime i pick up somethin used "Is that the best you can do on this? I know its been sittin here awhile". How's $150 out the door sound he says. I said sounds like mine! Im goin outta town, but when I get a chance Ill turn it up and let you guys know my take on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X