Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best mid priced rackmount wireless system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best mid priced rackmount wireless system?

I have been looking at the Line 6 and have heard good and bad things about them.

Any comments?

The g50 and g90 and great systems, I don't know anything about the older ones but these are very nice. I know a lot of guys that have moved to the g50 from various other systems.

Comment

the G90 is great - been gigging with it for quite a while.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
        the G90 is great - been gigging with it for quite a while.
        +1 on the G90. I've been using one for the past 6 or 7 months. Nice metal casing, the battery pack is well made, and the battery life is good. Night and Day different between that and my old Samson True Diversity VHF double attenna system (crappy plastic housing, cheap extending radio attennas, tempermental unreliable nature, inability to have more than one beltpack at a time...god I hated that thing). I don't mess around much with the cable voicing settings, but you can change the background color on the display to a bunch of different colors, so that is pretty cool. The antennas can be mounted in the front or the back, which is also really nice since my rack case wouldnt fit them in the front. Also has a battery life meter on the front, which is pretty handy as well. I looked at the older XDR series (mainly because of how cheap they can be had) but read that they were made cheaper than the G 50 and 90 and that they had half the battery life (AND the use the more costly 9 volts as opposed to double AA). I ended up holding off and waiting for a used G90 and I'm extremely happy I did.

Comment

..none
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I got the 50 my bass player got the rackmount one (90?)

Traded my expensive shure rackmount wireless for the g50 and never thought twice. Sounds great, durable, and cheap by comparison.

Personally its a done deal and love it at the price (sounds better than my Shure at over twice the price)

YMMV

Patt.

Comment

what is mid priced? I have a Shure ULSX4 and they make a rackmount kit for it. great wireless, but they are around $450 I think.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Love my G30, so I'm sure the G90 would be great as well.

Comment

Scored the G90 and it is hands down the best and most pro sounding wireless that I ever heard. Maybe even "better" than a cable if I dare say so?

Comment

Yup I'm extremely happy with mine. I shelled out an extra $40 and got a better cord for mine from guitar-cable.com with the Neutrik silent jack. It's alot of dough for a 3 ft cable (it uses a standard shure mini connector cable, which is like $20 new), but was well worth it since I was having to switch guitars quickly during sets and $40 is a hell of alot cheaper than $200 for an extra wireless pack.

Comment

Thanks for the tip! My really short cord was pretty much the one single complaint that I had.

Comment

Working...
                      X