Axe-II
    SLA-2 -> Bogner UberKab
    and/or
    QSC K-12

Bogner Uberkkab is loosing the fight.
    looks like the VHT already lost...
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I would love to know what half of those rack units do!

I have just started building my rack, so far I have Furman, JMP-1, 9200. Plus I run a flange in the jmp fx loop. I don't even have the rack case yet!

I have been trying to figure out what would be the best fx processor (bang for buck and FX only - I don't need amp modelling or pre amp stuff) and whether the compresson in that unit would be suitable or I need a seperate compressor (like I see in a couple of those rigs). Lastly I will be getting RJM switcher so I can co-ordinate everything, but I will leave that til last so I know everything I need to configure.

My big issue with the rack is the wah. I have the CAE dunlop wah and it is exactly the wah sound I like (took me years to find it). I don't know if a rack wah is going to give me the sound I want but at the same time having the wah out on the floor leaves a wire trail out there and removes the option of a rack wireless reciever. I suppose I could run that Line 6 wireless that sits in a stomp box next to the wah but that almost seems pointless.

Anyway, nice racks there guys.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        looks like the VHT already lost...
        I hate to say it... the full range stuff is damn nice. I already listed it in the classifieds

-Nate
        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

i know i just posted pics of all my amps and cabs, but here is what i actually use onstage. i just replaced
          the GP8 with a digitech S100. i like the digitech studio series effects processors because they are easy to use
          and sound great. plus, if i need an extra "general" effects processor in the studio, the digitechs get the job done.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
            My big issue with the rack is the wah. I have the CAE dunlop wah and it is exactly the wah sound I like (took me years to find it). I don't know if a rack wah is going to give me the sound I want but at the same time having the wah out on the floor leaves a wire trail out there and removes the option of a rack wireless reciever. I suppose I could run that Line 6 wireless that sits in a stomp box next to the wah but that almost seems pointless.

Ive contemplated this as well as far as the wireless goes. Having a wah doesnt negate having wireless. Simply requires two long cords to go from receiver to wah and from wah to input of your preamp.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

This does the job for me. I no longer us the EQ, just the DD-3 in the loop and the Decimator up front.

Comment

amps4s.JPG pretty much unchanged for a several years now
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                  Having a wah doesnt negate having wireless. Simply requires two long cords to go from receiver to wah and from wah to input of your preamp.
                  Kind of negates the point of having the wireless, since having 2 long runs of cable has got to hurt tone.

If you could power a wah and reciever from one of them midi control boards then it would be much better since there would only be 2 cables running back to the rig (1 midi and 1 signal) and no need for a power supply out on stage. I suppose you could battery power the wah, but does the G60 (or whichever one it is) have an option for battery power?

Comment

Well, I finally got my first half stack and was so excited I had to rush into this section to post.
                    Then I saw all the pictures of your guys' equipment and now I'm sad....

Anyway, I think it sounds good for my first rig that's not a practice combo amp
                    Crate GFX-1200H head and an old '80s Randall straight 4x12 cab with Celestions.
                    (Do be gentle with your pointing and laughing...)

My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

I had that very same Randall as my 1st 4x12 and it was great! Nothing to laugh about there Mate!

Comment

Working...
                      X