Another New Amp Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another New Amp Day

I ordered this in april I think - a Marshall JMD501 combo. Got it for £679 new today. Lookin forward to cranking it as soon as I get some time off. It'll also give me a chance to try my Boss GT-10 in a 4CM method scenario.

Last edited by wilkinsi; 08-28-2011, 07:05 PM.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Maybe youll get off once you crank it.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

?? Its an amp, not a chair
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Wait!
        It has TWO TUBES.

Now this will require a trip to get a tech to replace those at some point.
        Make sure to get a string change thrown in while you're there Wilk.

Seriously, there's room for modellers and all that...but I'd stick with a good all tube amp (head),
        then expand from there.
        That's WAY too much coin for a computer amp.

Comment

Actually, the head would cost the same money. Then I'd have to pay extra for the 2x12... And you can't put the cab on an angled stand without the head falling off it
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

The amp sounds good, but the emulated output sounds naff, so I'm gonna mic the speaker instead.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
              Lookin forward to cranking it as soon as I get some time off.
              Again, maybe youll get off once you crank it.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

The only way to test an amp is with volume, perhaps you can take it to a relatives house?

I'm a huge believer in overkill, nothing less than 100 watts(EVER)..... it should be capable of giving decent tones, BUT ~ to me if you can't feel it hitting you in the chest with the bass, than you're just pissing in the wind....

After all METAL is not about being quiet!

Cheers
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
                X