B-52 ls100a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-52 ls100a

So as I said a few weeks ago, I picked up a B-52 LS100A head for dirt cheap from a friend who had hardly used it. Im running it through what is probably a mid 90s peavey 2x12 cab and it actually sounds pretty damn good. The clean channel on it is great even, through a neck pickup you can get some nice blues tones, a3nd through the bridge you can get country like tones.

Its a solid state amp, 2 channels and on the dirty channel you have 2 gain choices, 1 is a kind of brittish sounding, and 2 is modern metal sounding. The dirty channel also has a contour knob that adjusts the brightness of the sound and a 3 band eq and a channel volume. The clean channel has a 3 band eq and a channel volume.

Through my dinky with a screamin demon and my lp with a jb it sounds pretty good for a $250 new, ss amp. Through my dinky with blackouts, its down right awesome sounding.
    the blackouts make the clean channel almost nail nugents tone, and the gain channel sounds down right mean.

This amp is pretty simple, has reverb (which isnt great) and a master volume, aside from what I've already mentioned. But im actually very pleased with it as it has good variety and actually nailed the sound I was looking for.

If anyone is in the market for a cheap ss amp as a backup or for a kid, I would recommend this head, just don't get the matching cab cos it sounds like ass.

Edit: don't get me wrong, im not saying this is the best amp ever. But for the price of these things new, I was very surprised.
    Last edited by TKEblue; 08-28-2011, 07:08 PM.
    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Funny I should come home to this review. The band that went on right before I left tonight was playing one of these. It had me fooled just by listening to it. I heard the sound and made a side trip to the stage to see what amp was making that tone, it was pretty good. It was an LS100.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Surprising isn't it? Its put together pretty well too.

And I bet that guy probably did a pass by of yours too and was like "holy shit that guys got an engl!" Lol

How did the new amp, and the bionic monks do tonight btw?
      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Working...
      X