Secret to Low end brutality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
    If your searching for the secret to low end brutality, go to walmart.
    I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
      Does genzbenz have a 412? If so i bet that sounds brutal
      Wow...something that sounds TWICE AS BAD as the GB 2x12!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
        I have absolutely no low end problems with a 212 recto cab.
        It could have been in comparison I guess. It sounded better on the ground, but sitting on top of my recto 412 it sounded weak. Maybe cause the 412 was killing it. I will say that my avatar contemporary 212 sounded way better than the recto 212 side by side.

As for the gflex. Ive never had the chance to own one but have always heard that they sounded good. Are they really bad?

Comment

I run a Mesa 2/50 power amp too and after using a Randall SS power amp I noticed the loss of bottom end.
          What I did was tweak the bass coming from my Jackson OD pre amp as well as added some push from an ADA micro tube 100 and that brought back the bottom end.
          I run one Marshall 1960A 4X12 cab with 75's and one Ampeg 4X12 with V30's.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

You were simply cascading preamps and liked that tone. That's the short version of what Twitch said. Realistically, you probably had more low end than was necessary, but if that makes ya happy, then do whatever it takes to get there again. There are many options, which have been presented.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
              IAs for the gflex. Ive never had the chance to own one but have always heard that they sounded good. Are they really bad?
              I was NOT impressed. It lasted a week.

Comment

Working...
              X