Case suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case suggestions?

I'm looking for live-in cases for my new Bogner Uberkabs. I have cover over cases now, but want the live-in ones.
    Looking for company suggestions.
    Thanks!

Nobody has cases?

Comment

I think nobody is chiming in because if you need road cases for 4 x 12 cabinets you must be a touring pro and if that was the case you wouldn't be asking the question.
      keep in mind, ubercabs in road cases require roadies and large trucks and are designed for serious professional world or national touring.

Comment

Rock Hard Cases made my live in case and the quality is excellent. Here is a pic of the front with the case off.

My 4x12 cab lift off case was made by R and R cases (out of Chicagoland). It was from the late 70s/early 80s (supposedly owned by Styx, but who knows. It was $50?!? HELL YES I'LL BUY IT!!). The foam was disgusting/moldy and had to be completely removed and refoamed, but once that was done and repainted it looked brand new. Built to last for sure.

I'm in the same boat as you are at the moment, though. I just got a Mesa 4x12 traditional (oversized) recto cab, so now I'm trying to find somewhere in Illinois that sells a good live in case for around $400-450 for my Mesa so I can avoid the damn $160 shipping charges.
        Last edited by snake_pearson; 09-11-2011, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          I think nobody is chiming in because if you need road cases for 4 x 12 cabinets you must be a touring pro and if that was the case you wouldn't be asking the question.
          keep in mind, ubercabs in road cases require roadies and large trucks and are designed for serious professional world or national touring.
          And you seemed like a nice guy... LOL J/K

I have had Star cases, R&R cases, and another brand that I can't recall now, all have been lid over cases, which are bigger than live-ins...

I guess I was just looking for input since the number of people on here should have a opinions on most of the cases they have owned.

And I don't think cabs in cases require roadies, maybe something bigger than a pinto to haul though...

Since I'm getting cases for them, we can assume that this is not my first rodeo.

Maybe less sarcasm would be better, IDK.

Comment

Originally posted by snake_pearson View Post
            Rock Hard Cases made my live in case and the quality is excellent. Here is a pic of the front with the case off.

My 4x12 cab lift off case was made by R and R cases (out of Chicagoland). It was from the late 70s/early 80s (supposedly owned by Styx, but who knows. It was $50?!? HELL YES I'LL BUY IT!!). The foam was disgusting/moldy and had to be completely removed and refoamed, but once that was done and repainted it looked brand new. Built to last for sure.

I'm in the same boat as you are at the moment, though. I just got a Mesa 4x12 traditional (oversized) recto cab, so now I'm trying to find somewhere in Illinois that sells a good live in case for around $400-450 for my Mesa so I can avoid the damn $160 shipping charges.
            Thanks for the input! I live in NW Indiana now, so I'm like 45 minutes from Chicago. We will have to meet up sometime!

Later, Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mulder1966 View Post
              Thanks for the input! I live in NW Indiana now, so I'm like 45 minutes from Chicago. We will have to meet up sometime!

Later, Mark
              Hey no problem Mark! R and R cases is out of Des Plaines, IL, so I just sent them a request for a quote on a live-in case for my Mesa. I will let you know what they say.

Thanks,
              Jake

Comment

Originally posted by snake_pearson View Post
                Hey no problem Mark! R and R cases is out of Des Plaines, IL, so I just sent them a request for a quote on a live-in case for my Mesa. I will let you know what they say.

Thanks,
                Jake
                I sent them a request for a quote Thursday, but they said it might take 3 business days to get back to me.

Comment

There is a company in Indy that makes custom "live in" cases. Never bought one, can't tell you about the quality or the cost.

Other than that there is always a massive amout of various cases from various compnaies on EBay, they all claim to make the best ever custom cases for your needs. I've never bought any one of them but they range from 150-450 in price.

Let me know when you do get one though, since I have been looking for reasonably priced live in cases from both my 1960B and my 1936 for a while.

Snaker person, I have also considered that case for my TSL100, but I have been nervous to buy it since it seems to block off the vents in the top of the amp. I am worried about; a) overheating the amp, and b) setting fire to the foam in the case with the heat from the tubes. What's your experience with that design?

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
                    Snaker person, I have also considered that case for my TSL100, but I have been nervous to buy it since it seems to block off the vents in the top of the amp. I am worried about; a) overheating the amp, and b) setting fire to the foam in the case with the heat from the tubes. What's your experience with that design?
                    I'll check out that Indycase company as well. I don't have a problem spending $400-$450 for quality, I just don't want to blow an additional $160 just to get the damn thing to me when I can just burn $40 in gas and go on an epic adventure...kinda like the Holy Diver video....but with significantly less cardboard cat demons.

Bratfink, I've been using it for around a year and a half without issue. I used to run a Peavey Ultra 120 head in it for awhile, and then upgraded to my Powerball about 8 months ago, so I've tried a few amps. No problems with the foam scorching, a burning smell, or my amps overheating. I'm also the second owner of this, and the guy who owned it originally never had any issues either. (I would have to ask him what he ran amp-wise).

It is still going to get quite a bit of air, as the front and the back are open, and depending on how snug of a fit your amp is there might be some clearance on top for the vent to get some air. This being said, there are some amps that are known to run hotter or have been hot rodded to burn hotter (older Marshalls, for example), so I would keep that in mind. However, it would still have to get pretty damn hot to burn the foam, as quality cases use Esther foam and its fairly durable yet still soft.

Comment

Case store on Ebay has good prices, but I read a review that was good/fair, but not great. They basically said that its pretty good for the price, but that the metal is cheaper and that handles and construction don't feel as durable as more expensive case companies.

Comment

Working...
                      X