Replacing my amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing my amp

I'm going to replace my amp. I have a Marshall JVM 410H head and a crappy Laney 2x12". I do love the head though. Espesially the option of having 4 channels with independent EQ. Very few amps have this option. So I thought: What if I buy two amps and an A/B switch? Good Idea?
    Also does anyone have a suggestion for an amp where I can get a warm clean and bluesy crunch?
    '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '13 Gibson M-III
    Taylor 214CE
    Dean 6-string Bass
    Morgan Ukulele

if you have 4 channels, why buy another amp? can't you get the clean and bluesy crunch out of the marshall? maybe just a better cab....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
      if you have 4 channels, why buy another amp? can't you get the clean and bluesy crunch out of the marshall? maybe just a better cab....
      One amp alone won't get you "every" sound you're looking for. I'm currently running a Hughes&Kettner TriAmp MKII with a Marshall AFD100 and I'm waiting for my Marshall YJM100. The H&K has three amps built into it with two channels for each one, so, six channels in total. Both amps I have are run at the same time using a A/B switch with both on at the same time blending the sound to get what I want, alot of people do this believe it or not.
      I'm using the "Radial Bigshot ABY". It has three "outs" obviously the A/B for your two amps to which you can run in stereo and a line out for a "tuner", why not run it to another amp being your "dry channel", Which is what my aim is.
      Here's a link to it.

Last edited by SixstringKing; 09-10-2011, 05:47 PM.
      You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

@MarkD I'm selling the Marshall. I do get what I need from it, but I want something different. I tried a HT-5 head and I really liked the sound I could get from it. And it was small and cheap. But I'm thinking going a little bigger than a HT-5.
        @SixstringKing: The Marshall did a good job, but as you've pointed out, one amp can't do it all. Nice suggestion with the Radial Bigshot ABY. I'll try that. Once I get the amps I'll do another post showing how things turned out.
        '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
        '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
        '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
        '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
        '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
        '13 Gibson M-III
        Taylor 214CE
        Dean 6-string Bass
        Morgan Ukulele

Comment

The JVM 410 is one of the most versatile amps on the market today. There's no reason why you can't get a decent clean/bluesy crunch out of that head. I would experiment with different cabs and speakers. Sometimes it's amazing what different cabs and speakers can do to an amp.

Comment

Working...
          X