No announcement yet.

Should I trade my head for this...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could remove the tolex, try using a hairdryer heating up an area and gently pulling on it. There should be enough glue left over on the wood to reapply the tolex. Simply reverse the process, if that doesn't work you can use a sprayon addhesive.
    You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Twitch, it looks like you used an automotive rock guard on your little Peavey. Been awhile since I've seen an old Peavey amp, I know the tolex on them were pretty rough looking as apposed to the Marshall's.

Comment

you could buy a spider 3 or 4 combo for $100.00
        running a 4 x12 half stack in the living room on 1 is rediculous.
        you could get a behringer combo, a peavey combo, a fender frontman 15r or something like that and you would be perfect for a living room really low.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          you could buy a spider 3 or 4 combo for $100.00
          running a 4 x12 half stack in the living room on 1 is rediculous.
          you could get a behringer combo, a peavey combo, a fender frontman 15r or something like that and you would be perfect for a living room really low.
          He had said that he didn't have the money to purchase an amp but was able to make a trade for the Line6. Sometimes I have a half stack in my kitchen so I can keep an I on my kids and leave one in the basement for when they go upstairs to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by SixstringKing View Post
            Twitch, it looks like you used an automotive rock guard on your little Peavey. Been awhile since I've seen an old Peavey amp, I know the tolex on them were pretty rough looking as apposed to the Marshall's.
            The old "teal stripe" Peaveys arent covered in Tolex, its something like Rhinolining, just more rough. Getting the cab to like nice is rather involved. When I get some time and I remember to do so, Ill try to post a step by step.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Success! It's not 100% pro looking, but I'm pleased with how it came out.
              Sounds quite nice too. Thanks for the advice guys!
              And Twitch, I really appreciate the pics of your Peavey. They inspired the confidence to do it!

Here's the outcome:

My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Damn, you work quick. It does look good man.
                  HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

haha...yeah when I put my mind to something....
                    I wasn't sure how I was going to pull it off and make it look right, but an idea popped into my head and I went with it.
                    I wish the Tolex wasn't all scuffed up, but it was already like that.
                    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

Comment

Looks good, dude!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

it does look good. The scuffed tolex makes it look like it has always been a head
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks Ron & VitaminG.
                          I put a piece of fiberboard in between the grille cloth and the panel where the speaker was (so light wouldn't shine through) and you can see it as a tan half-circle in the inside of the pic of the back side. I have since painted it black to be less noticeable. I also don't own a staple gun so I wasn't able to pull the grille cloth back tight again and secure it along the bottom edge after cutting it. I think I'll just a new board, paint it black, then attach the grille cloth once I get ahold of a staple gun to use. And I want to put some feet on it. Have no idea why the combo amp didn't have any feet. It just sits on the edges of the corner guards...

EDIT: I type faster than my brain can process it, I guess.
                          Every time I tried to type "cloth" above, I wound u typing "clotch" instead.
                          And when I typed "guards" it came out "guitards" lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X