Celestion Q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestion Q.

Found four G35's in decent condition no tears just real dusty.Made in England.
    The owner of the shop that has them is out all week and will be back Sat.The guy filling in wasn't sure on the price.
    My Q is what is a fair price to pay for these?I don't want to get gouged.
    The prices on ebay are up and down so its hard to tell what a fair price is.
    Never been looking at vintage speakers but I have an empty Avatar cab in need.
    Going to use my Jet City 20 watt head so if any of you guys have experience with speakers let me know
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

I'm sure even one could handle that amp. In my experience all celestion speakers sound pretty good. Price should be nothing spectacular on these, or look elsewhere.

Comment

I did find out that model came out in the the Marshall valvestate cabs so not all that interesting a find as I thought.
      If I can get them cheap I will use them.Just hate an empty 4X12 cab.
      All 4 for $75-$100 that seems fair.

Comment

they may not be interesting, but if you mean they came out of the original valvestate cabs, then that is a mighty fine sounding speaker. when i used marshall cabs, i preferred those valvestate cabs because they were more compact in width and height, deeper than a 1960, and they had the G35's. i liked the G35 speaker because it was smooth and tight.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Are these G35s 10" or 12"? The 10" G35's were pretty good in the 1965 cabs. As for 12", I've never heard about them so I'd stay away unless I could hear them first in the cab.

Comment

I'll know something Sat when he gets back in town if the price is right I may take them.

Comment

Working...
            X