• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Amp and new Cab Day

Picked these two up from a guy at work.

Fender Rumble 25 bass amp.

And a cabinet I'm unsure of.

Mesa/Boogie 4x12 with a square shell and slanted top-half of the grill/mounting board
    (all the pics I've seen so far doing a Google of Mesa 4x12 cabs is the slant-top cabs ala Marshall, none with a square shell and slanted internals)

But this part seems odd:

Peavey speakers and a Peavey jackplate. I haven't opened the bottom of the cabinet yet, but it appears there should be another plate on the bottom, since there are two jacks there (and you can see the impression left by a plate).

So what the fuck did I buy?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

That Mesa/Boogie is one of the old 1980s halfback cabs with the exception of speaker and jackplate. They are slants. Don't know what's up with that shell.

I have one as my 4x12 that I never use.
    Last edited by Grim; 09-19-2011, 01:28 PM. Reason: Just looked at mine, SLANT
    I like EL34s.

Comment

Found a Harmony Central review that indicates this is a bottom cab (straight shell but angled top half).

Haven't hooked it up yet. My RocPro head only does 4 and 8 Ohm, and if this thing is wired for 16....

I opened the bottom and there's the same Peavey speakers there too, and the wires to the original jack plate have been clipped and rolled. The jacks are PCB mounted as well.

I've never dealt with a cab like this that had more than one jack on it. My Carvin VE212 has the one jack only, so if anyone can kinda break down the options I have here?

The Peavey plate says 8 Ohms per channel when in Stereo mode, and I presume that if I plug my RocPro head set for 8 Ohms to the Left input, I'd only get 2 speakers, not all 4?
      Last edited by Newc; 09-19-2011, 02:58 PM.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think so, if it's in stereo mode that is.
        If the switch is set to mono, the left input jack becomes the input jack and the right one turns into an output jack to connect to another cab.
        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Working...
        X