Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jet City 100 HDM SLO wannabee -anyone own or try one??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet City 100 HDM SLO wannabee -anyone own or try one??

HOw are they?

I realize its a "poor mans SLO" but how good does it nail the SLO tone for real?

how is the build quality?

Tone quality?

Obviously its made in china given the price, which is OK if the quality is good.

anyone have any experience with them? Good or bad, I wanna hear it.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Uhhh........ Hello???? Buelller........bueller.......anyone???? Anyone?????

anyone had any experience with these??

Comment

I think there's some other discussions on here about it. I just ordered a Carvin V3m and will probably get JCA22h to go along with it. I think it would be good for a backup to the V3m. Out of all the Jet city amps, the JCA22h and JCA50h are the most attractive. And price is great. Haven't heard anything bad about them, but I don't think they're SLO so much ... more like the Hot Rod, similar but not as milky as the SLO.
      My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

I would like to try one, but none close to me. just curious how other people think of them.

Comment

having had (at different times) an SLO, an astroverb, an SP77 and an X88R, i can tell you that nothing in the soldano line is a "poor man's SLO". you can get close, but soldano isn't going to give you the goods for less than the SLO costs. people can talk shit about how "such and such is just like the SLO" - well, it isn't. the soldano hot rods are nice amps, but SLOs they aren't. the BEST soldano i ever had was the X88R preamp mated to a rivera hammer 120 power amp. BEASTLY tone, but that preamp was $2500.

i have played the jet city amps and have been less than impressed. sort of like how i was unimpressed with my soldano astroverb. i even put a hot-mod in that thing and it was still weak. my egnater tweaker is a million times better and it was less than half the cost....

if you are looking at chinese amps, check out the new egnater tweaker 40 or 88. they are 2 channel versions of the tweaker. i have the 88 on my list for 2012....
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I have a JCA20H and as far as build quality they are very solid amps.PCB is very thick like a Soldano atomic 16.
            Mine has been gigged a lot and as held up just fine.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I certainly dont expect it to be a SLO, but if its reasonably close for the price, I might want to get one. I had the opporunity to try a real SLO for a few hours once, it was a cool amp, but I truly didnt think it was worth $4000. they dont have much for features, I mean you dont even get indepedant EQ for each channel. No volume pot in the FX loop. you have to play it louder than hell to get it to sound good. it is not a low volume amp. I play at home in my studio and prefer not to have my ear drums melted to get good tone. is it a good amp? sure it is. but not $4K good IMO. There are other US made amps on the market with nice features and great tone for half that price. So if I can buy a wannabee SLO for 1/5 of that price and get reasonably close then I am interested. The youtube vids I have seen sound pretty convincing, but just want some real world feedback on the 100HDM.

Comment

All you need (allegedley) is the new Brian Wampler SLO distortion pedal......

http://www.wamplerpedals.com/distort...Ostortion.html
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                  All you need (allegedley) is the new Brian Wampler SLO distortion pedal......

http://www.wamplerpedals.com/distort...Ostortion.html
                  wow. there is a pedal for everything.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOxekfxWRbA here is a good demo on youtube

Comment

Check the side by side shoot out by the Tone King.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lmsjr#p/u/30/7Hjvt1F8qFE

Comment

yea, I did see that one. thats the wrong amp though. both are actually wrong. thats the Soldano Hot Rod 50 Vs the Jet City 100H. The HDM has the depth mod on it, and that makes a difference.

Comment

Working...
                        X