Roland cube 15x opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland cube 15x opinions?

To those that have em or those that just played em, how do ya'll feel about these lil amps.

My living arrangements are about to change and I am looking for something small that sounds good on its own. Maybe a pedal here and there, but nothing like the 13 pedal pedalboard or three power amp three preamp plus effect units rackmount system I had.

I just want something small, simple and portable, so the Roland cubes kinda caught my eye.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

The Roland cubes are pretty solid for their price. No complaints with mine, a small one with 4-5 various amp modelings and delay/phase/flanger/reverb/tremolo effects.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

These were $80 used a few years ago, so if you are paying less than that, I could oversee the fact that it's a little bit dated in design. When I was amp shopping, I went with the VOX. But if you only need a few good tones, it will do.

Comment

I have the vox and the cube. I prefer the vox. I find the cube to be a box of bees but Im not sure the speaker is in good shape. I can find tones on the vox that I can live with, not so much with the cube.

Comment

I have an 80x and it's a great amp for the price.
          I like EL34s.

Comment

I know it has no effects, but I've heard nothing but good reviews about the epiphone valve jr. I've thought about getting one to replace my old line 6 15a watt
            I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

I've had a Roland Cube before, and it's not too bad for what it is. Good for jamming at home and keeping it quiet.

You might also take a look, though, at the small tube amps that are only a couple of Watts.. I tried a Vox Li'l Night Train in a store at the beginning of this year and really loved it, so I bought one in March. I highly recommend it. Unfortunately I have just moved to a country where the mains voltage is different so I will need a transformer if I want to use it

Comment

I just received my first Cube (20-XL) today, and it's awesome. The sound is pristine and punchy, and the distortions on this thing are very organic and full to my surprise, I simply love them! The You-Tube demos gave them no justice!
                The added effects are nice, but definitely aren't my favorite, let's just say that I won't be using them for cutting tracks anytime soon, and the acoustic simulator is basically useless IMO.

I bought this thing mainly for practice at home to minimize the extra stress on my tube amps, and after playing this thing for an hour, I can tell you I might find more usage for this little beast.
                If Roland only added the effects loop feature on this little thing, I'd consider it the best amp for the money hands down.

My next amp ventures will be the Hughes and Kettner Tube Meister 18 and Messa/Boogie Mini Rectifier when available. Meanwhile this little monkey will be rocking the walls of my apartment.
                -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Working...
                X