No announcement yet.

Framus Cobra, any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALL the clips of the V3 sound awesome. I don't blame you one bit. Actually Carvin make the best bass amps in the world IMO. I've owned just about every brand bass amp and nothing comes close to my old Carvin stacks. Besides, a few good people swear by them on here.

I may have a Legacy 2-12" cab lined up for my kid for his birthday in October. Should be a good ext cab for his 6505 1-12 combo.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      ALL the clips of the V3 sound awesome. I don't blame you one bit. Actually Carvin make the best bass amps in the world IMO. I've owned just about every brand bass amp and nothing comes close to my old Carvin stacks. Besides, a few good people swear by them on here.

I may have a Legacy 2-12" cab lined up for my kid for his birthday in October. Should be a good ext cab for his 6505 1-12 combo.
      Our bass player uses a Carvin 1200 watt head(with every god damned bell and whistle imaginable) with an 812 cab. Sounds great.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
        I believe joel stroetzel or whatever from killswitch engage uses a cobra. I do like his tone if that's him im hearing and not the evh 5150 III
        Yeah I saw that Joel and Adam from Killswitch both used one at some point. I'll have to try and find out which songs/albums they used them on. I did also see that Adam used a 5150, which seems to be a good affordable choice for the tone I'm looking for. Did one of them switch to the EVH 5150 III?

Still would love to get my hands on a Uberschall at some point though. It's good to have dreams though, lol.

Comment

Maybe a preamp tube change would help? What tubes do you run in your Powerball, Grim? My Powerball had Electro Harmonix preamp and powertubes in them and I liked those. I tried JJ preamp tubes but they seemed to make it a little harsh and muddy comparatively.

Comment

i only tried one out for 15, and it was fat as fuck, but the gain was really fizzy imo, just not the kinda tone i like. lol everything in the store was shaking from the bass, we all had a good laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by snake_pearson View Post
              Yeah I saw that Joel and Adam from Killswitch both used one at some point. I'll have to try and find out which songs/albums they used them on. I did also see that Adam used a 5150, which seems to be a good affordable choice for the tone I'm looking for. Did one of them switch to the EVH 5150 III?

Still would love to get my hands on a Uberschall at some point though. It's good to have dreams though, lol.
              Yeah I think adam plays an evh 5150 III
              I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

The Cobra is awesome! I saw Bill Leverty playing one and it sounded both sweet and monsterous at the same time! But it really needs greenbacks to sound right. (it's matching cab comes with greenbacks stock.)
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Maybe a preamp tube change would help? What tubes do you run in your Powerball, Grim? My Powerball had Electro Harmonix preamp and powertubes in them and I liked those. I tried JJ preamp tubes but they seemed to make it a little harsh and muddy comparatively.
                  I would start looking at the cab as well, I'm having a hard time believing a powerball is a thin amp
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Its not supposed to be, Im still thinking its the mismatched power section. Ill know here soon. The cabs never failed me before.
                    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Sovteks.
                      I like EL34s.

Comment

KT66 or 88s and a sealed cab. You should be very happy with the weight of the sound.

Comment

Working...
                        X