Crate Powerblock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate Powerblock

I was thinking about getting one of these as a backup in case my main amp dies at a show. As I looked, I am seeing two different designs. One looks like a slopped faceplate while the other seems more vertical.

Do anyone know if one model is better than the other?

thanks,

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Joe,

I've had one of these for years(sloped face). It's great for the price and the portability. BUT, there's NO gain naturaly - you'll need to use some pedals in conjunction with it. Aside from that, cheap, lightweight, easy to move - plus, plus, plus....
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Plus 1 to what jay said..I've got one too. Great for the power amp part. Throw a multi fx or pedals in front of it abd there ya go.

Comment

Hey..ya fuck!! How Ya doin' Joe??!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've got a PowerBlock, also. I haven't used it in awhile, but it's pretty damn good.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"Then Joseph smoked the pole that will not smoke, and hid in the hide of an oxen..and stayed there"

Deuteronomy 22:1

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'll have to pull it out later and test it out... my Powerblock pole.

Comment

"Then the Lion took his stand in front of the carcass and pronounced judgment: The ... ”You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil. ... There they found the remains of a fine feast, and soon the two mice were slathered in thick bubbling pudding"
                Last edited by horns666; 10-03-2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

I've been doing all of my shows without a backup which i realize is not good. I know this unit is not going to give me my rig back but I think the powerblock and an overdrive pedal will get me through the night. Plus, this unit is small enough that I might be able to just keep it stored someplace in my SUV. I think this could work out really nice.

joe...
                  www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Agree with Jay & CorpseGrinder Bob - now that's a duo for cinema.

I've used it in the past as a super-portable set-up. Going from work to Jam sessions. Power block and a Floor Pod (XT3) into the house cab and/or direct into the board. IIRC, either Sam Ash or Guitar Center blew them out for like $75 and with a coupon (thanks to my buddy's wife aka Coupon Suzy) wound up getting it for like $50.

Would make a good back-up. Like a .25 in an ankle-holster.

Comment

Hell, I got the blow out deal to(it was guitar center). I figured it would make(possibly) a decent back up. I eventually got a spare head, so I through the powerblock into my rack and it worked like a champ.

Sorry for the small pic, but there it is in the bottom of the rack.
                      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Does anyone know if the slant version was the first to come out??? or later???

joe..
                        www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

I only remember the slant version. Can't recall seeing the other...

Comment

I tried 3 of them. One was DOA, the second died in minutes, and the third didn't stay around long. All were used (barely).

Comment

Working...
                            X