6505+ vs. Jcm900 sl-x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6505+ vs. Jcm900 sl-x

I need opinions, I have a chance to trade my 6505+ for a 1994 JCM900 SL-X 100watt head #2100.

The SL-X is nice, but it has no clean channel and the 6505 is a lot meatier tone wise. I love both though.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Isn't the clean channel on the 6505 crap tho anyway? (This is what I've been told)
      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
        Isn't the clean channel on the 6505 crap tho anyway? (This is what I've been told)
        It aint pretty but its more of a clean channel than the SL-X has, i.e., none.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
          It aint pretty but its more of a clean channel than the SL-X has, i.e., none.
          Less is more
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
            no..it is on 5150s ..it's improved. apples to oranges what kinda tone are you goin' for..

personally, owning both...i wouldn't trade.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I love the SLX but I wouldn't make that trade either.

Comment

Well I ended up doing the trade and in the process of dialing in a good sound came across a trade that involved an offer to trade the JCM 900 and a 4x12 for a Mesa Dual Rectifier 100watt solo head.So you know what I did, as much as I really wanted to keep the Marshall I had to do the trade and ended up with a Mesa head to match my Mesa slant cab.

Comment

Working...
                X