NAD - Boogie MKV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD - Boogie MKV

Picked it up yesterday evening. I'll post some sound clips next weekend, but in the meantime, let me just say it's worth every penny and already my playing is twice as good as it was on Saturday .
    My other signature says something funny

Cool Cliff!! Congrats!!!

I like Boogies..I don't like Rectos..apples to oranges.

You could always slam your Boogie MKV with two Metal Zones and make it sound exactly like a Recto..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Congratz Cliff! I would really like to have a Mark V!!! Nice amps with zillion of features!
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Thanks guys! There's plenty gain here for me. But I do have a boost pedal just in case....
        Now that I have a working effects loop, I've been able to use the delay pedal I bought a few months ago - it really fattens up the sound nicely, as if that were necessary.

Comment

Congrats bro - welcome to the club.

Comment

Good job man. Enjoy the hell out of it.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Grats! Nothing like owning a great amp.

Comment

Cheers! Can't wait to get home tonight to play it again .

Comment

Mesa builds kick ass shit. Enjoy.
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

awesome, Cliff. Congrats. New vids are more than welcome - invite the wifie
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Love my Road King but would love to get a MK too.
                      2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                      Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Awesome, Cliff, congrats.

Comment

Thanks guys - if only I could buy some talent too, I'd be made. Anyway, here's the promised video:

This is the first time I've been able to crank it up, so listening back there's a few things I'd change. The first two clips show the clean channel, but with power amp distortion in the 10 watt mode. The second of the two has some added pre-amp gain with the tweed mode - I'd never heard this tone before today, and I must say I love it. I forgot to dial down the bass, though, so it's I guess what people call 'flubby' on the lower strings.
                          All the other clips are in 10 watt mode too, but without the power-amp distortion.
                          The Mk I mode is exactly what I wanted. I was trying to explain guitar tone to a guy at work who doesn't play, and when I showed him something like this, he said it sounded like it was being played down a telephone. Philistine!
                          The MkIIc and MkIV modes are a bit harsher than when I've been playing at lower levels during the week - given more time I'd EQ these slightly differently to sweeten them up some.

Comment

thanks for sharing, Cliff. Sounding good. Your picking is coming along too
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks a lot - I appreciate it. To be honest, after months of playing the same pentatonic scale, I was beginning to lose the faith.

Comment

Working...
                              X