Best Disortion Pedal Peavey Backstage Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Disortion Pedal Peavey Backstage Plus

Well the only amp that works worth a shit for me is my Peavey Backstage Plus... I am done putting money into my big amps... don't jam with my drummer anymore anyway.

What would be the best/coolest Distortion pedal for this little fucker?

You know Metallica Megadeth Pantera style distortion.
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

well cheapest would be Boss SD-1 or DS-1.

or the more $$ Ibanez TS-9..

either or ..they grow on trees basically..that's good.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Basically I am looking for anything that won't give me the low Thud Thud Thud sound... hmm?

Do use knows whats Is Means?
      sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

Distortion through clean channel, like a Boss Metal Zone or vintage Heavy Metal pedal? I have both of those with the Robert Keeley mod on the Metal Zone, they are decent, tweakable, inexpensive options among the 10,000 distortion pedals out there.

Some new maxon super metal distortion out there now too I've heard.

Or you talking overdrive for a gain channel?
        Jackson KV2
        Jackson KE1T
        Jackson KE1F
        Jackson SL1

Comment

Distortion for the clean channel.
          sigpic
          Action Jackson

Comment

I never got a thud..thud..thud.. sound...except whenever I go poop!!!

...it never gets old..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

So basically I don't want an overdrive pedal?

I want a distortion pedal... how about DigiTech DDM Death Metal Distortion?

Last edited by Nimitz; 10-20-2011, 02:02 PM.
              sigpic
              Action Jackson

Comment

Hmmm well do you like Zakk's sound..he always used a cheap indestructable Boss DS-1 thru his Marshalls..until he got his sig MXR. that's a distortion pedal. Being that you like a Pantera sound..that's prolly for you. Or what Larz mentioned.

Overdrive simulates (tried to) a cranked tube amp.,,Boss SD-1 or Tube Screamers are the standards I guess

Comment

I like the digitech metal master and the line 6 uber

Comment

Ok this is the three I am looking at now

Digi Metal Master
                    Digi Death Metal
                    Boss Metal Zone
                    sigpic
                    Action Jackson

Comment

look on ebay for the old ART extreme pedal. those were some vicious mother-fuckers when it came to wanting over-the-top gain. the digitech metal master is nice too.
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                        I like the digitech metal master and the line 6 uber
                        +1 on the Uber Metal pedal. Best out there IMO.
                        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

i should try this

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                            i should try this
                            Three modes, pulverize being the best and most beefy. The best built in noise gate ever. I dont know why Line6 doesnt use that gate design on their amps. Its sick Bill, you should go find one. They dont thin out when you turn your amp up like a lot of the more popular pedals do. I gigged with one in front of an amp for probably a year. The tone and reliability NEVER let me down.
                            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I think I'm sold just for the noise gate.

Comment

Working...
                              X