Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any reputable amp repair techs in NYC/Brooklyn? (Mark IV question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any reputable amp repair techs in NYC/Brooklyn? (Mark IV question)

I had a terrible thing happen to my Mark IV combo a while ago. Went to a friends house to jam, had fun, left my Mark IV combo there. Didnt grab it for a week or so, came back, it was moved into another room in the basement, had a fucking footprint on it. Shrugged it off, took it up.

Next time I fired it up, I could smell something burning. It only kicked in when I engaged the lead channel. And after a few moments the amp would cut out completely, cutting back in occasionally and dying out again. REALLY pissed now.

The burning smells like plastic, or solder. Real shitty smell. Asked my friend whhat the fuck happened. He said he had a party/show there, someone went to turn my amp on and apparently it "sparked and started smoking." Assholes!

Some people have told me it sounds like the transformer is shot. Sounds like an expensive fix. So I need some NYC area recommendations if you guys dont mind!

Id have matched that shoe print and beat the guys ass who stood on it. Incidentally, thats why my rig gets unplugged and the cables hidden and amp faced against the wall when I leave it at the studio. I guess that works for a half stack, but a little harder to do I suppose with a combo. Some people have no respect for other peoples stuff. In my case its the bass players step son. He thinks hes a rock star and thinks he just has free reign over whatevers in the studio. Weve been locking the door as well lately too.

Best of luck getting this sorted out. Busted amps suck no matter what.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Mesa authorized service center shouldn't be difficult to find.

Comment

Not in NYC but out on Long Island I have used Richie Johnson with great success...He is more of an old school Fender/Marshall guy but it may be worth a phone call to Bohemia

Comment

I have never used him but have also heard good things about Jack Kivolowitz at rocknrollamps.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
            Mesa authorized service center shouldn't be difficult to find.
            Yeah, use MESA website for authorized service if it needs to be done that way for warranty purposes. Have to input your zip code to find out.
            Jackson KV2
            Jackson KE1T
            Jackson KE1F
            Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
            X