Marshall 9200, Marshall cab, Boss GT10 LIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 9200, Marshall cab, Boss GT10 LIVE

Heard an 80's metal band this Saturday and one of the guitar players was using this rig.
    He had only owned the GT10 for about a week. I talked to him for 30 minutes after the gig.
    His sound was very good. He told me he just used basic patches and tweaked them a little. He nailed most of the 80's metal tones he was after.
    The other guitar player in his band was playing a Marshall VS100 through a full stack of Marshall cabs. Again.. great tone. I am always surprised on how good the VS100 Valvestate sounds live. Very hard to tell its not a tube amp.

i always liked those original valvestate amps, too. i still wouldn't mind grabbing a VS100 head or 2x12 combo - even though i don't need it....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yea, he had typical cutting through the mix Marshall tone.

Comment

I used to play with a guy who used the VS100, it does have great tone for the money.

Comment

I gigged with one a few times and it worked out great. I just didn't like the look of it because it looked tiny on my 4 x 12 cab.
          I went to a Marshall 2210 after that. BTW.. the 2210 is a MONSTER.

Comment

Working...
          X